Getting A New Motorcycle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting A New Motorcycle

Well its time for me to get a motorcycle. Im getting a 600cc bike.
    These are my choices so far:

Suzuki GSXR 600

Honda CBR 600

Yamaha R6

Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R or ZX-6RR

So which one do you think gets me my best bang for buck
    My budget is $7500
    :)

Re: Getting A New Motorcycle

Don't know how much it lists for, but man, I love the Yamaha R6.
    More guys here will be able to talk about the ride of the above bikes, but speaking from a visual opinion, I dream of an R6 or R1

By the way, welcome to the TG community, and were you able to get set up on x-fire?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

GSX-R or CBR is my pick. But granted, all of them perform roughly the same, just a preference of what u like. I like the feel of the gixxer and cbr. Never rode on a Yamaha so I can't comment on those.
      sigpic
      I'm Back.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
        Don't know how much it lists for, but man, I love the Yamaha R6.
        More guys here will be able to talk about the ride of the above bikes, but speaking from a visual opinion, I dream of an R6 or R1

By the way, welcome to the TG community, and were you able to get set up on x-fire?
        Thanks Bamboo um i didnt get my xifre set up yet im just waiting for someone to accept my invitation :)

And I also like the R6 i think it a great bike with lots of support from aftermarket sellers :)

Comment

I've driven all of those but the Kawasaki. I owned a GSX-R 600. That was also my favorite. The reason? I am 6' tall, and it was the largest of the 4 bikes. It also had the most comfortable seat by far. Also, at the time, it was the only bike that came standard with a steering damper (which saved my butt on several occasions). I could run over a pothole and be ok with that bike. It also had a smoother throttle and the most predictable brakes in my opinion.

Now the other bikes had snappier and crispier feeling acceleration. They were better for shorter riders than mine was. Also, the handling on the R6 and ZX-6R seemed a bit sharper and more responsive. To me, they all have their pro's and con's. It might have to boil down to looks for you. For me, it was pretty much ergonomics. Sit on all of them. Or even better, see if you can drive your friends to see if you like them.

EDIT: I have driven the Honda CBR-600RR, not the F4i. I loved the RR, but all the other bikes BLEW AWAY the F4i. Thus the F4i is the one bike I would not purchase.
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X