Mercedes Benz High mileage award

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercedes Benz High mileage award

I just received the first high mileage award for my car (1989 Mercedes Benz 300SE)

the 250,000Km (155,000Mi) award came with a certificate of achievement, a congrats letter from the Mercedes Benz Classic Center Manager and a Mercedes Benz 250000Km grill badge.

right now its dark out but ill Post pics tomorrow.

Mercedes high mileage award info - http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/MBHome...entsCommunity/

Mercedes's website is just a big flash program so if the link doesnt work go to MBUSA.com - sitemap - classic community
    I will not place claymores in my front yard.

Re: Mercedes Benz High mileage award

155,000 is no big deal for a car...

Congrats though ;)

BTW my last car had over 250,000 :)
    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

I finally got rid of my first car in January. An '82 Ford F150 with 290,000 miles on the original engine. I wanted to keep it and give it to my kid, but without A/C it just wasn't a practical vehicle in Texas. She was my baby.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

my dads 300SD (looks just like mine but in diesel) is at 356,000 but the odometer broke so its probably 380-400 thousand now but since we cant verify it we cant get the award.

if i remember BMW also does a high milage program but i dont have a BMW so i never check.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
          I finally got rid of my first car in January. An '82 Ford F150 with 290,000 miles on the original engine. I wanted to keep it and give it to my kid, but without A/C it just wasn't a practical vehicle in Texas. She was my baby.
          thats sad me and my dad switched over from mainly American cars to exclusivly the S class 80's mercedes pretty close to that idea the 80's s classes are pretty indistructable and have very long lives. but i can understand what your saying im in florida and my Benz is huge and Dark blue so it gets hot. now the A/C does work but not to full power becuase the last owner took it to some dilweed mechanic who must have just ripped the dash apart to fix the meter cluster and dinged up the unit in the process. over the next couple yrs im going to replace all the electrics, the air system (vents too) and get new front seats then it will be one air freshener away from being a new car

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Obvious View Post
            thats sad me and my dad switched over from mainly American cars to exclusivly the S class 80's mercedes pretty close to that idea the 80's s classes are pretty indistructable and have very long lives. but i can understand what your saying im in florida and my Benz is huge and Dark blue so it gets hot. now the A/C does work but not to full power becuase the last owner took it to some dilweed mechanic who must have just ripped the dash apart to fix the meter cluster and dinged up the unit in the process. over the next couple yrs im going to replace all the electrics, the air system (vents too) and get new front seats then it will be one air freshener away from being a new car
            Nice! Keep that baby going! Maybe one day, you'll be in the million mile club!
            "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

They give you an award for that? That's pretty much par for the course in AK.

Comment

I BOUGHT a car with 230K. $400.00 out the door. It ran for 23,000 miles without losing a drop of oil and zero major maintenance (just oil every 3k). Timing gear finally crumbled and totaled the engine. It was a butt ugly car but it got 32 mpg and never gave me a second's trouble. Pontiac 6000 quad4 4 cylinder. I would buy that car for the rest of my life if I could. 8 months / 23k miles with no problems and 32mpg for 400.00 - can't beat it.
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
                  I BOUGHT a car with 230K. $400.00 out the door. It ran for 23,000 miles without losing a drop of oil and zero major maintenance (just oil every 3k). Timing gear finally crumbled and totaled the engine. It was a butt ugly car but it got 32 mpg and never gave me a second's trouble. Pontiac 6000 quad4 4 cylinder. I would buy that car for the rest of my life if I could. 8 months / 23k miles with no problems and 32mpg for 400.00 - can't beat it.
                  That's awesome! When I was 19, I ran across a good deal on a 1986 Subaru GL. It had almost 200K on it, and i bought it for $150.00. I abused the hell out of that car. I used it as a go-kart since it was much cheaper than a real go-kart. After about 10,000 miles on it, the timing belt went, and ruined the heads. I sold it broken for about $500.00. I learned a good lesson from that car. If you need a car bad, you can avoid car payments by buying some piece of junk that at least runs. Just don't put any money into it and drive it til it blows up. Then you can get another cheap car or upgrade with the amount of loot you saved up from not having any payments.
                  "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

My Toyota Tundra is at 210,000.
                    |TG| Plude220

Comment

toyota builds a tuogh car, i like my benz more but atfer watching top gear if i need a work truck that i dont care about im buyin a toyota

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrk6vsb77xk[/media]

Comment

Hah! That was awesome. They couldn't kill it!

Comment

Congrats on the award :)

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
                          Which is amazing in and of itself, considering the Quad4s went through heads like they were going out of style (though funny enough, they WERE going out of style...)

I had an '89 Probe non-turbo 2.2. Bought with 201k on the odo, and sold it with 214k. Same thing, didn't burn any oil or anything. Only repairs I did were the lower radiator hose, and just for fun, cleaned all of the hydraulic lifters and cylinder deposits. (the whole water-in-the-vaccum-hose-with-engine-revved thing I don't recommend unless you know what you're doing, or you'll hydro-lock it).
                          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X