Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forums slow sometimes..here's the problem.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forums slow sometimes..here's the problem.

Lately I’ve been having trouble accessing the TG forums. Taking forever ..about 4 – 5 minutes to get to the forums, find a posting and access it to read sometimes.

Checked Firefox’s error console , cleared it and tried TG forums once again.

There was a whole slew of (stopped counting after 70)
    Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'. Declaration dropped.
    Source File: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/clients...3336-00033.css Line: 457
    As well as few for font, border colour etc.

From what I understand from researching it it’s a JS syntax error where “cursor” has been replaced by “pointer” and some earlier browsers allowed this “sloppy code” to get by (not being strict with JS compliance).

Anything I can do to correct it??

I’m using the default Firefox theme and default Windows mouse cursors.

Switching to MS Explorer doesn’t seem to make a difference.

TXs
    [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Re: Forums slow sometimes..here's the problem.

Well it sounds to me like it's something to do with your internet connection and nothing to do with the code of the site. Since you've tried both FF and IE it's not a browser issue. Maybe you have spyware or a virus installed?

Comment

Hmmm... I have tons of "cursor" errors for TG, too.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Maybe it's related to whatever crap was installed that's putting a dotted line under the letters TG.

Why is this?

Comment

Don't think its my connection as I can browse plenty of other sites with no problem (and they don't clog up with error messages).
          [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

Originally posted by MagnaCentipede View Post
            Maybe it's related to whatever crap was installed that's putting a dotted line under the letters TG.

Why is this?
            And wow...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

oopps..
              [CoFR] BeerHunter

Comment

Ah, I thought those underlines were coming from some FF addon and wondered what I'd gotten infected with. Good to know it's TG's site that's infected. :p
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

There was a Fire Fox update a few days ago... maybe that is part of this |TG| dot issue

~ Draken

Comment

No that's just an acronym tag.

<acronym title="Tactical Gamer">TG</acronym>

On IE the info box still pops up, however there's no dotted lines. Maybe Apophis or asch added something so where certain words such as abbreviations or acronyms are parsed and then changed into the acronym tag so those of us not so informed can just hover over the word to see what it means.

Comment

That's part of the upgrade I did to the site over the weekend. It has always expanded acronyms when it comes to the URLs for thread titles and such, but now they put those little underlines under any acronym that we have expansion turned on for.

Lots of stuff got upgraded and patched on Saturday.
                      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X