Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Resistance and Liberation Half Life 2 mod BETA RELEASED!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resistance and Liberation Half Life 2 mod BETA RELEASED!

Resistance and Liberation is a FPS mod for Half Life 2. Its 1944 Normandy, Germans vs US Paras, its post traumatic stress inducing realism and where are you!

They have released there first public beta version. Download here:
    RnL Forum - Alpha Release

Use of the Source engine and the RnL Developers aim for high levels of realism result in the game having many similarities to Insurgency, for example weapon sway, 3D iron sites, realistic character movement, weapon aiming.

However the WW2 setting, gives it also a Red Orchestra feel - the sharp bang and chhck sound of the slow firing but deadly Kar98.

Below are 2 screens and links too 2 videos (Pinched from another thread so Bosco please dont sue) and i will let you, on your own, to come to conclusions ....that is looks Stunning!

I am really looking forwed to playing this game with other TG members. Although this mod is only beta, would it be possible for a Resistance and Liberation Section on the forum to be created.

Resistance & Liberation Mod for Half-Life 2 Thompson Demonstration video - Mod DB

Resistance & Liberation Mod for Half-Life 2 MP 40 Demonstration video - Mod DB

P.S this game is very challenging even for a Project Reality addict.

TG-E1st TacticalGamer European Division |

Re: Resistance and Liberation Half Life 2 mod BETA RELEASED!

what do i need to run it? HL2 or what?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Yes. However i think Episode 1 or 2 alone is enough, no need for the Original HL2 aswell.

Considering the vast vast numbers of Half Life mods and the shear quality of the HL2 single player, you get the most number of playing hours compared to all other games for your money.

Comment

Yeah ive already got HL2 so thats no big deal.
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

Downloading, was actually lookin at this mod like a year ago

Edit: Mod like any other mod in the making needs a bit of touching up to do, it really does bring out a whole new FPS genre to the HL2 players, kind of reminds me of arma but without the vehicles and put back in the 1930s-1940s.
          Last edited by 206 Wolfpack; 07-21-2008, 03:55 AM.
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

FORUM ADMINS - no chance of a Resistance and Liberation Section on the forums being created. I am sure many games have had them created well before there final release?

Comment

Originally posted by Top Cat AJA View Post
              FORUM ADMINS - no chance of a Resistance and Liberation Section on the forums being created. I am sure many games have had them created well before there final release?
              Like Project Reality for example? ;)
              ​​​​​​​

Comment

I played this earlier today. It plays great, but I only had the chanace to play with the solder gunes (KAR98, And the one that makes the loud clip sound when it empties). Wouldn't mind a tactical gamer server, or just a couple of us gaming together.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Top Cat AJA View Post
                  I don't know what Apophis' policy is, but on my team's forums, I create a new forum section when there are sufficient distinct threads to warrant it. Not spammed threads, of course. Threads that show sufficient interest in the forum membership to warrant some organization. For a game, that means there must be enough people playing the game to have participation in talking about it.
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

dod?

If you find yourself in a fair fight, then you have obviously failed to plan properly.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X