Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurrican Dolly: Live Reports on the hour

Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

Agapito here live and on the scene in South Texas.
    Winds are starting to pick up at the beach gusting to 65mph.
    Here at my home winds are up to 45 mph. So far most of the trees have held up and I am glad that I took off almost half of the branches on the trees closest to my home.
    The trees are old growth and one tree has actually fallen down due to the wind and rain.

There is a possibility of rain in areas reaching a foot of rainfall. Though a majority of the area will likely see about 3" of rain according to the National Weather Service.

Dolly is picking up strength and may reach a Cat 2 storm.
    A tornado warning has also been issued for Cameron County which I am in.

Will probably be losing power soon as the hurricane makes landfall in the next couple of hours.
    Heck I am experiencing short power outages now...

Here are some images I have taken so far.
    I lost a bit of images due to a power outage while transfering.
    http://flickr.com/photos/have_a_nice...7606333107703/

Re: Hurrican Dolly: Live Reports on the hour

Good luck, and I hope it doesn't get too bad down there. I've got family all around the Houston area, but they say it's mostly supposed to miss them.
    |TG-55| Infantry Division - Former Captain

Comment

Any new update HAND?

Comment

Best of luck and stay safe Texans.

POE2 Developer

Comment

what we do in florida to help prevent hurricanes is make our highway system as confusing as possible that way the hurricane gets lost :)
          I will not place claymores in my front yard.
          I will not place claymores in my front yard.

Comment

What? The roads in florida are not at all confusing, and I've been driving here for almost 12 years.

Comment

Good luck, I know most of you Texans are crazy as hell so you'll make it through if/when it hits.
              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                What? The roads in florida are not at all confusing, and I've been driving here for almost 12 years.
                you've been driving around for freakin 12 years and you don't think it's confusing?!?! PULL OVER AND ASK DIRECTIONS ALREADY!!! YOU'RE 1/3 THE WAY TO BEING MOSES!
                Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Originally posted by =DdogG= View Post
                  you've been driving around for freakin 12 years and you don't think it's confusing?!?! PULL OVER AND ASK DIRECTIONS ALREADY!!! YOU'RE 1/3 THE WAY TO BEING MOSES!
                  ROFLMAO! Someone +rep that post!
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Good luck!
                    Look under your chair!

Comment

UPDATE: [insert breaking news song here]

Hurrican Dolly was downgraded this morning to a Tropical Storm and is moving across the lower state of Texas at a blistering 8 mph. Last nights speed was close to 6mph which was due to a High pressure system in the mid portion of the state. Residents experienced a massive amounts of rain due to the storm lingering over what is basically a flood plain aka "The Rio Grande Valley". Winds were clocked in excess of 100mph with sustained winds being from 35 before the storm to 65-70 mph during and after the eyewall.
                      The eye made landfall around 3pm Wednesday.
                      The category 1 storm was upgraded to a catergory 2 storm just before making landfall early Wednesday afternoon.

Some residential areas are underwater and the National Guard along with many distant cities search and rescue teams are assisting in the transportation of residents who are now trapped in their homes. This reporter would like to personally thank the Denton Search and Rescue since I saw them on my way to work. Thankfully, I was not in need of their assistance. But I am sure that many folks will be and to all the other teams in the Rio Grande Valley. I thank you for taking the time to come here and help our residents and thier families. While you could be at home safe and with your families.

As of this morning the rain has finally let up. The winds are down to 7-12 mph.
                      The clouds are slowly moving along to wreak their havoc upon others, unfortunately.
                      But I am still here. Thankfully...

So now I must get to the clean up portion of this affair.
                      Hopefully, the major utilities ,i.e. power and water since I run a gas stove and water heater, will be restored ASAP. I need a hot bath.

\\\\\\\\\\\
                      Sorry for the bad grammer and syntax.
                      I am in a rush and just spouted some stuff.
                      Also, my flickr page has been updated.

So for now this is me signing off and I will catch you all on the flip side. :)

Comment

Am glad it is "over" at least for the storm part..glad you made it thru HAND..! :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X