Interested in running a DDNS service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in running a DDNS service

Hi I am the author of DDNSServ, a fully features Dynamic DNS server suite. I would like to offer a free copy to someone who would like to provide a DDNS service to the gaming community. I would require links to dyndnsservices.com etc.

Sam Land
    http://www.dyndnsservices.com

Re: Interested in running a DDNS service

I dont think this type of stuff is allowed here

Comment

I would be interested but they don't seem to have a Linux variety of their DDNS server. :-(
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

There is not a linux version..

Comment

Originally posted by samdland
          There is not a linux version..
          I do have a Windows Server 2000 box that I could do this on, come to think of it. Any interest in getting a hostname.tacticalgamer.com DYNDNS server up for the members? I'll provide the resources if any of you folks are interested in using it. :-)

Comment

What is this and how would members use it?

Comment

It would basically map your dynamic IP address on your cablemodem to a static name.. IE: leejo.tacticalgamer.com

This would allow individuals to host games/services/etc and provide a normal FQDN (fully qualified domain name) to be given out to others to connect. It saves looking up your current dynamic IP address.

Comment

I don't know that I would use this personally, as I already have a personal DDNS solution. However, I do think that this would add value to the TG membership and would encourage some people to support the community financially through membership.
                Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I agree. This sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
                    I do have a Windows Server 2000 box that I could do this on, come to think of it. Any interest in getting a hostname.tacticalgamer.com DYNDNS server up for the members? I'll provide the resources if any of you folks are interested in using it. :-)

Drop me a line [email protected] for download instructions. I also have some domain names I will donate to the project I can spare 3 or 4 all are paid for the year.

Comment

I would also like to attempt this, I can see a lot of uses for my personal benefit..... but there are no 100% guarantees I would be able to use it...... would you be willing to let me play with it a little?
                      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I also think even if many don't use it. It still adds to the value of membership to make it an option as long as it is free.
                        "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

It would be neat if members could have the DDNS hostnames automatically change to point to whatever server they're currently playing on.

Then someone could write some sort of client app that displays where everyone is playing based on the hostnames.

Just an idea (which probably has lots of holes if you invest in it more than the 20 seconds I just did - lol).
                          Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X