need some questions answerd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some questions answerd

Hello i hope the is the right place to ask this...but...
    My name is lorddunce Im currently a Member of A clan Named Team-HAF-
    We have been around for 5 years now... But in the last year its fall apart due to....anyways There are 10 of us that have been playing on your servers from PR to Cod4 and we like what we see.... so this is the question

I see that you have in house groups Sub TG's Like ( TG-13th)?

how would we go about it , if its possible to have TG-HAF-?
    and our on group membership in the CP as well as on TS

i have looked for about an hour for this info and unless i missed it im sorry.

if you could shoot me a post or message
    i would thank you

LD

Re: need some questions answerd

The sub groups that you're talking about are the TG-resident In-House Squads. In order to join or create one, you have to be a supporting member, with the sole exception of the Irregulars. So essentially, if you guys wanted to create an IHS, each member of that IHS would have to purchase a supporting membership and retain it for as long as they wished to be in the IHS. Also, most IHS-es function on a numerical system, similar to military unit naming. While the membership of most in-house squads is done by tryout or selection process, they do not function primarily as mini-clans. The IHS system as a whole has an overall responsibility to the community and is expected to act as such.

For more information about the existing IHS-es, please see this link:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/wiki/in...n_House_Squads

The guidelines for forming an in-house squad are listed here:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/team-sq...uidelines.html

Comment

What up dunce? Why don't the guys just join as a regular TG clan member?

Comment

Originally posted by machineofdeath View Post
        What up dunce? Why don't the guys just join as a regular TG clan member?
        Hint for future reference: TG isnt a clan, but a gigantic community. Calling TG a clan is kinda a negative buzzword around these parts.

Nothing is required to wear the standard |TG| tag except reading, understanding and adhering to the rules of the community, as well as SOP's, rules and regulations of the games you participate in.

I know that sounds like a lot, but simplified, it simply means if you want to put on the tag, behave, be a positive part of the community and follow the rules. :)

Comment

Well put Ferris!

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Presumably the need for SM in an IHS is to get the extra resources (such as a sub-forum) provided by TG? So if one already had independent resources for that (eg. a separate squad website), one could operate as a squad without being an SM, right? (I'm not trying to discourage SM, just trying to understand why it's a requirement.)
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I initially bought Supporting Membership for 1 reason...SM=Log on server when I want
              sigpic
              I'm Back.

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/wiki/in...arine_Division

6th Marine Division are the best group to talk to, they existed for 6 years before joining TG and becoming an IHS

contact bernout
                http://www.tacticalgamer.com/member.php?u=20318

I've PMed Burnout to take a look at this thread

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                  Presumably the need for SM in an IHS is to get the extra resources (such as a sub-forum) provided by TG? So if one already had independent resources for that (eg. a separate squad website), one could operate as a squad without being an SM, right? (I'm not trying to discourage SM, just trying to understand why it's a requirement.)
                  Well, if you have external resources for a squad, such as forums, then you could certainly operate as a squad or clan or whatever you want to call it. I assume this is what HAF is currently doing and it is for sure what 6MD was doing prior to forming an IHS. We even had our own TS2 server.

I think Ferris answered Dunce's original question quite nicely although I would point out that I don't believe there is a hard and fast rule that says an IHS name has to start with a number. It's just been the convention thus far and I'm sure you would be strongly encouraged to stick with it. ;)

6MD came over to TG primarily because:

1. We found a group of like minded gamers. So no matter which game we were playing there would be a good chance of it having a presence here along with other people to play with.

2. Forming the IHS allowed us to use TG's resources which includes the private IHS forum, our own TS2 channel, and even maintain a web presence via the wiki. The side effect of this is that TG supporting membership distributes the cost of these resources amongst the entire squad instead of just one or two people picking up the costs as I would guess is the case with most clans. Oh yes, let's also not forget the TG servers...something which 6MD as a standalone group was never going to support given how small we are.

3. Supporting membership also focused the nature of our group back into FPS games and is almost a requirement for playing on any of TG's very popular servers. So it was a win - win all around. :D

So what's the drawbacks?

Well, you are naturally going to give up some control and needing to have all your members with supporting memberships ($8 / month) can be a dealbreaker for many. We lost probably 1/2 our members because of this. Most of them were playing only WOW and just not interested in the extra cost. On the plus side we still hook up with them occasionally in the TG TS2 server when new games come out.

Hope this helps!

Bernout

|TG-MD6|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse