Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro's win top pro-gaming prize

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7532594.stm

British pro-gaming team Birmingham Salvo have been crowned winners of the 2008 Championship Gaming Series (CGS).

The ten-strong team share the top prize of $500,000 (252,000) for coming out top of the eight teams who made it to the grand final.

Birmingham Salvo dominated rival San Francisco Optx in the battle for the title winning four out of five events.

Re: Euro's win top pro-gaming prize

hax

"Counter-Strike: Source, Dead or Alive 4, Forza Motorosport 2, and Fifa 08"? interesting mix of games.

Comment

I vote we host a Fifa 08 tourny between the ihs here. The euros will prevail yet again. :D

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
        "Counter-Strike: Source, Dead or Alive 4, Forza Motorosport 2, and Fifa 08"? interesting mix of games.
        I thought the very same. :row__593:
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          I guess to truly pwn, you must pwn at all games. Plenty can be good at 1 genre of game, but to be able to go from CS:S to Fifa takes some truly leet skills. I like the variety they chose. Interesting indeed.
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

DoA4 is button mashing. Basically, it's whoever has the least carpal tunnel going into the tourney
            Skud

Comment

This reminds me of some show they used to have on G4 where teams would compete over a variety of games. Most of these guys claimed to be professional gamers. Later on, they actually pitted the contestants against real professional gamers who only focused on one game and the contestants got stomped.

I dont see mix and match gaming as being "pro". That's like saying you can only be a professional athelete if you're a champ at baseball, basketball, soccer, football, and tennis. It doesnt work that way. Ask any of the people who have tried and failed to crossover into other sports...michael jordan, deion sanders, etc. They're still professional atheletes of the highest caliber and they both SUCK at baseball.

Comment

Europe plays on a Default Easy/Beginner level, or their gear lags out.

Congrats, not too shabby, but i bet the top guns for CSS were the desert eagle and that powerful sniper rifle.......lets invite them to play PR and show them how its done!!
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

They wouldn't make it past the first flag, they would be too bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                    This reminds me of some show they used to have on G4 where teams would compete over a variety of games. Most of these guys claimed to be professional gamers. Later on, they actually pitted the contestants against real professional gamers who only focused on one game and the contestants got stomped.

I dont see mix and match gaming as being "pro". That's like saying you can only be a professional athelete if you're a champ at baseball, basketball, soccer, football, and tennis. It doesnt work that way. Ask any of the people who have tried and failed to crossover into other sports...michael jordan, deion sanders, etc. They're still professional atheletes of the highest caliber and they both SUCK at baseball.
                    If I read the article right, they're not crossover players. They are recruited to the team by competing in their respective games. Once on the team they represent the team in that specific game. The peeps that play CS source are not the same that play FIFA. The roster suggests the same.
                    |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

They aren't crossovers. Five for CS:S, two for DoA (male and female), two for Forza and one for Fifa.

Comment

I wish I could play anyone of these guys on CSS I would put them to shame.
                        |TG| Plude220

Comment

I will gladly spank any of you on Fifa 08 (Xbox 360). PM me if you feel like losing.

Former E1st Heavyweight

Comment

I actually watched their semi-final match on G4 late one night. Came down to the last event DoA4 with birmingham only needing to win 1 round in 6 attempts to go on. They won the 6th (and final) round. It was crazy.
                            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

double post ftl.
                              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X