Lol.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol.

OK, for all the money and the like, this thing looks cool. I just ain't gonna buy it.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZrr7AZ9nCY[/media]
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Re: Lol.

A bit old, but still great.

I'm assuming the Surface is covered with a layer of diamond so it won't immediately get scratched up and ruined with fingerprint smudges. I know I've seen a number of times where something special became something garbage because a careless oaf assumed something special was something mundane...

Comment

That was funny. But all kidding aside, Microsoft Surface looks pretty amazing! It's some great technology, and it's nice to know that such futuristic technology exists. I believe that is the way of the future and we might actually see those applications become common place within the next 10-20 years.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Watching this a while back (not this particular video), I came to the conclusion that, around the world, Star Trek: TNG fans all collectively blew their wad at the idea of faithfully recreating the bridge of the Enterprise-D.

At least with this, they could remotely start the dishwasher from their parent's basement.

Comment

OH SNAP. Set phasers to BURN!

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
            That was funny. But all kidding aside, Microsoft Surface looks pretty amazing! It's some great technology, and it's nice to know that such futuristic technology exists. I believe that is the way of the future and we might actually see those applications become common place within the next 10-20 years.
            Actually, Microsoft is already looking past tech. such as this. Right now, there's a HUGE push for Augmented Reality tech. coupled with portable computing and/or projector technology. In The Near Future, people will be more likely to do everything Surface does just by looking in front of them through an HMD and waving their hands, or just by unrolling a sheet of paper, or just sticking their hand out.

Sarcasticgaming.com had it right by making fun of Surface, because it's really kinda dumb when you look at what's possible with much smaller/lightweight hardware currently. There's actually a pretty good book out right now that speaks of this phenomenon and how counter-productive it really is.

People have the need to buy HUGE and teh Shinay (plasmas, LCDs, etc.) every couple of years when it's quite more efficient to by smaller and prettier.

Dont get me wrong, it's still an awesome device... but you're really just buying the LCD display. The tech. behind it is actually pretty dated. The newer tech. is using reactive projection, so you can be anywhere in a room and see whatever you want.

Here's some of the tech:
            http://procrastineering.blogspot.com/

Hitachi is coming out with a consumer grade projector-based touchscreen also.

Now, I love the newer LCDs and plasmas - but really they're way too pricey for a tech. that changes every few years. And we're getting to the point where these displays are way too large and expensive. Might as well install a projection system.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X