Wide Range of Languages in Gaming

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wide Range of Languages in Gaming

This morning I was on with Slipkill. He spoke no english and I speak no german but we got thru several missions with no problems till the server crashed. Last week I was on with several who spoke german and a few speaking french. Good mix on early in the morning. I was out shopping and in a bargain bin found CD's to teach yourself german, french, and spanish. Got them 3 for $5.00 . I am not planning on becoming anexpert but should pick up the basics and be able to better communicate with our friends across the pond. An old teacher told me if you are not learning you are already dead so I might as well learn something I can use.
    Someone has to do it, it might as well be me.

I have been trying to teach myself German for about a year now. I highly recommend trying the "Pimsleur" series of launguage CD's. I have tried so many different ones and thats by far the best in my opinion.

PM or email me for more info or a sample....

Comment

Well anyone wanting to learn Spanish (5 years experience) or Swedish (1.5 years) I can help if and when you need it. Dunno bout others but I can learn a language in about 6 months with good materials and help, so I highly recomended learning something new.

Comment

Originally posted by Vap0r
        I can learn a language in about 6 months with good materials and help....
        I don't like you any more :x

JK

Comment

What happened to the Swedish guys round here anyway? I haven't seen any of them for a long while.

PSI gracias, :)

Comment

For those wanting to hear more German...
            http://www.hr-online.de/hf/hr3/specials/webaudio/index.shtml

Listen to some radio from Frankfurt. :)
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Psi and Vapor: You guys are going to be my new heroes...

I need to learn past and future tenses... Right now I'm working with "ha verb-ado" for past tense and "voy a infinitive" for future tense, but those just don't work for every situation that I need, and the "ha verb-ado" has a LOT of irregulars.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Sure I can help, just throw me a couple of example contexts so I can back into my groove, it's been a while since I've needed any Spanish.

Comment

im pretty cool with german if it helps

Comment

I'm working on getting my ESL (English as a second language) certification. :)
                    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

i struggle with english :o
                      From Adam Webb

Comment

Originally posted by Overlag
                        Man, I didn't realize how horrible my English was until I took Spanish... Pluperfect? Present perfect? There are verb conjugations that I didn't even know existed... I probably did when I was in elementary school, but I sure as heck don't remember what they are all called now...
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!
                        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Originally posted by Vap0r
                          Sure I can help, just throw me a couple of example contexts so I can back into my groove, it's been a while since I've needed any Spanish.
                          Well, tell me if this is correct:

Have you ever been arrested before?
                          Ha arrestado usted antes?

Heh, I feel kinda foolish asking this here, 'cause I could probably just as easily look it up somewhere... I really need to just find someone friendly that I can talk with... Most of the hispanics that I meet on a daily basis aren't too happy with me... :)
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                            Originally posted by Overlag
                            Man, I didn't realize how horrible my English was until I took Spanish... Pluperfect? Present perfect? There are verb conjugations that I didn't even know existed... I probably did when I was in elementary school, but I sure as heck don't remember what they are all called now...
                            Ninth grade English class:
                            We took over two weeks and conjugated a verb in ALL its forms.
                            You don't know SQUAT 'bout English 'til you put a verb into its passive future perfect progressive conjugation.

"It will have been being done."

Booyah.
                            [volun2]
                            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

He He He... and I ask them that... then say... "Your going to jail now!" Translated in Police Spanish You-o goin-o to-o Jail-o!"

Not all of us speak spannish like this but one of our officers did last night and I found it competely amusing!!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X