Short, simple preview of a movie me and my friends are making

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short, simple preview of a movie me and my friends are making

Long title, yes.. i know. You may have a laugh at this, considering it's my 1st one done. Trust me though, the actual movie will own :) It took me only 3 hours to compile this.. which I think is good for a newbie who doesn't know anything about the program :P
    Anyways, here it is:

Click Here

DISREGARD THE DATE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE MOVIE.
    It kinda destroyed the feeling, but oh well. It wasn't until the last clip that I noticed the date on there, and I didn't want to retake anything, so I just left it. Just disregard it :)

EDIT: Work safe ;)
    Last edited by Sniper; 12-10-2004, 08:00 AM.

Re: Short, simple preview of a movie me and my friends are making

so whatcha think?

Comment

I think it looks pretty good. I especially liked the acting and sound editing for the pistol shots.

What program are you using for editing? I am severely prejudiced against wmv. If what you are using can only encode to wmv then unless you plan to add some crazy effects you could probably use VirtualDub and encode using either the DivX or XviD codecs. Either one should be able to get you a nicer looking finished product. That would just take care of the video though. As for the movie itself, I would suggest cropping the live video sections by a few pixels on the top and bottom to make the edges look a little neater. I also thought the text looked nicer centered on the screen rather than positioned at the bottom of the screen, but that's just a personal preference.

Now, on a slight tangent... while I was watching the clip and read "They hired one elite team..." the following started to go through my head...

In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...the A-Team.
      Anyway, that's a nice first video :)

Comment

Well thanks, and tanks for the suggestions too :) I did use windows movie maker, just to see what it can do. I have a converter than can always change the codec, but i should, and will try vitual dub :)

Comment

I see myself as a bit of a movie maker, so I'll add some feedback.

I agree, the sentences should be moved to the center of the screen....make them fade out and fade in....adds a more dramatic affect. The cut from sentence to sentence is very abrupt.....but, that could be what your shooting for.

Also, things look much more dramatic at 1/2 speed. The clip of you running and firing the pistol might be worth a try at 1/2 or 1/4 speed.....Hopefully Movie Maker allows you to do this.

Anyway, my two cents. One thing that Macs are good for is gaming. Wait, I meant video editing. :icon_wink

drew the 952

Comment

i will never use mac for anything, but are forced to in class haha

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper
              i will never use mac for anything, but are forced to in class haha
              Gotta use the right tool for the job... There's a reason why Jurassic Park, Toy Story, The Incredibles and Star Wars were made on macs and not PCs...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I Know :P I just dont like macs that much

Comment

The text for the opening series is to sudden. The composition of the splashes is unbalanced with the text at the bottom. A fade, as suggested, would aide in creating a more smooth transition... However, the fade has been done as well as the middle text. The music was excellent, however I felt it started to late. Starting the music during the text, and flowing it down the screen in an asymetric pattern with fades for each line, perhaps some residual left over from the previous line would help considerably in a good transition. Also, the residual would fit the tone of the music well.

Be very choosy with your shots, the first few seconds of missing the buttons could be cut. When choosing a place, make sure your hand is coming up, if it is coming down it will look like action has taken place and we are interupting it... unless thats the effect you want.

Other than a few issues of refinement and stylitic choice, its a good first offering. Keep up the work.

- Chris
                  "Certainly, there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Right up there with "Star Wars Kid"...I give it two thumbs up.
                    Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                    Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Nice sig line:

"Certainly, there is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                        Gotta use the right tool for the job... There's a reason why Jurassic Park, Toy Story, The Incredibles and Star Wars were made on macs and not PCs...
                        Because schools push Macs harder than anyone and most students in editing at four-year colleges learn on Macs? Don't get me wrong, Macs beat out PCs on certain video editing tasks, but from benchmarks I've seen: it isn't much. And those that show huge leads on Mac were usually paid for by Apple and are running up against 2 year-old Dells.

I like the one article I read that talked about how much better Macs were at running [email protected] than PC. Great, I just blew $3000 on a computer that can use my idle CPU cycles to search for ET faster than a $500 PC. Score!

I also remember checking out a "behind-the-scenes" deal on LA, and distictly noticed PCs on the desk of the rotoscopers, and not Macs. I could be wrong, but being a Star Wars nerd: I'll double check that to be sure (which both options are usually related).

As for the video: looks good. The only real problem I've seen is in the "running and shooting" sceen. No pistol kicks that much, even when fired one handed. If the barrel rasies more than 1 inch, either the guy thinks he's dirty hairy, or he doesn't know what he's doing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                          As for the video: looks good. The only real problem I've seen is in the "running and shooting" sceen. No pistol kicks that much, even when fired one handed. If the barrel rasies more than 1 inch, either the guy thinks he's dirty hairy, or he doesn't know what he's doing.
                          I did it to look somewhat cool looking :P I know they really dont. Airsoft kick-back for teh win!! :-P (It was a usp airsoft pistol :D)

Comment

Great start for a first time.

I thought it was a good idea to see the character preparing himself, but it looked like he had chosen to go stand in front of a camera to do it. Maybe he could be in a more natural setting e.g. in a room, or sat at a desk.
                            Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

It was like watching LARP Counterstrike.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X