X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder: World Ends Tomorrow, Have Sex, Don't Do Your Homework

Link:
    Reminder: World Ends Tomorrow, Have Sex, Don't Do Your Homework

So, you all know the Large Hadron Collider by now, the oh-so-pretty particle accelerator thingamajig that will implode taking the whole planet with it. Yeah, that one. Well, it is now T minus 24 hours from ignition. The end of the world, people. In fact, you have less than 24 hours to do everything you wanted to do before dying. Right now. Make a list and start right now.
    Guys, hope to be gaming with you all tomorrow night.
    But if not, got to say I've had a blast and will catch you all on the flip side......:icon_cool

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Reminder: World Ends Tomorrow, Have Sex, Don't Do Your Homework

We shall be playing in the center of a black hole!!!

LOL!

I have been reading and listening to talk shows about this for the last year...Either way it should be a big...or very LITTLE bang...LOL!

Play MySpace games? PeepsDepot.com to get all the Peeps you need for any game!

Wii# 5935-7920-5346-8754 | PS3:TheeShadyB | XBOX 360:TheeShadyB

Comment

I feel so safe with these guys doing this, I mean, what could go wrong? I won't be on until later tomorrow night, so hopefully the bang won't be until after then!

Comment

Related Sandbox thread:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/sandbox...ghts-cern.html
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

http://gizmodo.com/5034298/reminder-...-your-homework

Update: What?! We just got a note that the official startup for the LHC has been delayed until September 10, which is NOT tomorrow. We'll have to suspend our Swedes and Lego humping for another month. I, for one, as Jason Chen, am not amused.
          What?! Seriously!?!?! I just told some of my friends what I've really thought about them and now the world's not even ending tonight?!?! I better send home those strippers for the party I'd planned...because I can't afford to pay them either!

Way to ruin my night science!!!
          | | |

Comment

lol, I was just about to post the same thing, only with a lot more made-up things that have serious repercussions to have supposedly done.

Comment

Alas, the countdown site isn't responding:

http://www.lhcountdown.com/

Either it's been slashdotted or there's a huge crater where the server used to be, and a boson floating in the middle. (Or is that what "slashdotted" means? :p)
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Slashdotted:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slashdot_effect

Comment

So does this mean that time inside the Black hole passes like nothing is different.
                  But those observing see us as being infinitely slower then "normal" space?
                  Or do we just cease to exist?

Comment

Supposedly matter is ripped apart at the molecular level, so you get sucked into the black hole atom by atom in rapid fashion. So basically, ceasing to exist is the way it goes.

Comment

What if there is such a thing as a white hole, the exact opposite of a black hole? I read somewhere that scientists believe they exist so if it's true, what would happen? Would we cease to exist, or be rearranged some place in the universe where we would probably die?

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Wiki link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider.

Pretty cool, i never knew about this.

- -

Comment

"So does this mean that time inside the Black hole passes like nothing is different."

Time never seems different for any point observer. Were we all in possession of immortal souls (lol) that were unaffected by black holes, and the LHC were to crap one out that eats the Earth, there would be a very large earthquake, then everything would become dark, the entire sky would contract to a very bright and "active" disk as (most of) the universe "gets ahead of you" and a moment later the disk goes dark and expands again, as the LHC black hole evaporates (assuming Hawking is right about that, and if he's right we're not eaten by the black hole in the first place) and delivers our ghosts to sometime around 60,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 ,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 A.D. Universal Universal Mean Time, when the universe contains nothing but ghosts, wide background radiation, and a few Nu scattered about.

LHC = One way ticket to the heat-death. All aboard.

Comment

FYI!!!!
                            The startup has been delayed till next month. We have all been given a life extension.

YEAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Engadget just posted a rap video about the Large_Hadron_Collider and it is funny as hell. You got DJ hawking' spinning the rhythm and everything. I had to watch it twice!!!

CERN rap video about the Large Hadron Collider creates a black hole of awesomeness

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X