Any of you guys/gals work out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you guys/gals work out?

see if there's any other gym rats in here other then myself..

currently started back in Feb. when I was about 170 pounds, I'm now sitting at a happy 6'1" 195 pounds and at about 12% bf.

My goal at the end of the year is to maintain my weight and drop to a 7-8% bf.

I'll post my routine as well as help any of you guys if you have any questions or are starting a routine yourselves :)

Re: Any of you guys/gals work out?

So noooo one here hits the weights once in a while?

Comment

I used to work out but now I have switched to systema and martial arts training.

I focused on mass building for a while as well did some routines based on strength and explosive power.

In the end I enjoyed really focusing on developing my strength and focused less on the mass building. I did start a new system called "Dog Crap", it was designed to kick the crap out of your muscles while developing big strength but also generated a fair amount of mass. Really intense.

I tried some "cutting" and to trim my BMI but I just couldn't get into it at all.

Eventually though it fell to the way side when we had our first child and I never got back into it.

The thing that I learned through it all was that diet was key to my goals. You have to push allot of iron but you really need to pound the protien to make it happen.

Good luck.

Comment

Like my father, i always been skinny. I take MMA (UFC type fighting), Tae Kwon Do(olympic fighting) and Hap Ki Di (throwing, controling, joint locks). Most of it is more about endurance and technique but the warm ups for MMA fighting is anything from running 3 miles to lifting weights and core work.

All my friends who do conventional sports are ripped and have zero body fat. Meanwhile, weigh around 130, around 5' 6" tall, and around 10% BF. They say i would be ripped like them if my mother wasn't such a great cook. I can still kick their ass in a fight though.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by Long Bow View Post
          The thing that I learned through it all was that diet was key to my goals. You have to push allot of iron but you really need to pound the protien to make it happen.

Good luck.
          You are correct, I feel as if it is at about 80% of the equation. Taking about 1-1.5g of protein a day is the right thing to do anyway when trying to put on mass.

Comment

Originally posted by xdeath2urkingx View Post
            1-1.5g of protein a day is the right thing to do anyway when trying to put on mass.
            Really? Doesn't a single boiled egg contain 6g of protein? I thought you need as much protein as you could get.

Comment

Originally posted by Obi View Post
              Really? Doesn't a single boiled egg contain 6g of protein? I thought you need as much protein as you could get.
              Typically and Egg has about 8g of protein each.

If you're trying to put on mass you want to eat as much protein as you possibly can, but eat clean as well. Lean meats, fish, chicken, eggs, etc.. You also need the right amount of fats and complex carbohydrates (typically pre and post work out).

Comment

Careful not to drink protein drinks, they are hard on the kidneys.
                |TG-6th|SirNerd

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Does band camp count? :D

I work out. I have a home gym that I use every other day or so.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                    Does band camp count?
                    Half the geeks in my school would say the same thing :D. No offense.
                    |TG-6th|SirNerd

Comment

Last summer I did a lot of hiking in the hills by Los Gatos. Typically twice a week, three times if my legs held up. It was about 7 miles round-trip and a fairly steep grade most of the way. Stopped doing it when our friendship ended, and none of my other friends were interested in going. Plus it was a 20 minute drive anyhow, and more than that now that I live further away than I did before.

I also used to do a lot of push-ups; again, twice to three times a week. I've never had much for upper body strength (I'm a sprinter, even though I'm built noticeably larger than a skinny whip...) and when I had got up to 350+ push ups a night (about 5 months) I was amazed at how much my upper body had grown; the V shape in my back, the 15" arms that formed.... how much better shirts had fit. When I started out, I could only do about 100, twice a week. But when I moved away from the group who did this, I simply failed to keep up.

I started Yoga about 3 months ago, and I absolutely LOVE it. Unfortunately I haven't gone in the past three weeks due to personal life going a bit awry. Hopefully I'll be back into it soon.

I get on the Elliptical at least every other day for about 15 minutes. Having a desk job in IT and coming home to play 2142 means I sit far too much :D so I have to start out slow and work my way up, but it's a great machine.

I used to hang around 165-170lbs (5'9") when I was doing pushups and was reasonably healthy, but since things have spiralled out of control I've ballooned to 200lbs even; 25lbs more than I've ever weighed in my life. I've since gotten back into some routines, starting with taking myself and the dog on longer walks.
                      "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                      Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                        Half the geeks in my school would say the same thing :D. No offense.
                        None taken. And it is a workout. Especially when like today this one time at band camp the power goes out, the show opener starts playing on the CD player, and the fire alarm goes out, and you navigate out by the light of your cell phone. xD

Comment

I remember those days.... Junior and Senior year was spent as Drum Major.

but I wasn't that hard on everyone. Not as hard as the last year's Senior was...
                          "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                          Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Me??

I treat my body like a finely tuned European sports car.

Figure the less you use it.... the longer it will last... :D
                            [CoFR] BeerHunter

You shouldn't feel bad because you're not succeeding. It's far better to feel confident that you have the ability to handle failure

Comment

30 pushups every morning and evening, and 4min situps every evening. Its not much but it works for me.

Life's too short to live it fast.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X