Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Binaural Beats Audio Supposedly Gives You a Drug-Like High?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Binaural Beats Audio Supposedly Gives You a Drug-Like High?

I'm not really believing this, but some of the comments are so funny I had to post this. Also if you scroll down, be sure to click the link to watch the "Virtual Haircut...." video. It is actually pretty cool. Not sure how it sounds in stereo, but I have 5.1 headphones and it was pretty trippy.

http://gizmodo.com/5039539/binaural-...drug+like-high

Some of the quotes:

Yeah, but you have to be careful of the cheap stuff. Sometimes they cut it with brown noise.
    I have tried a few of them, the french roast made me super hyper and launched me into an insane CoD4 pwn spree,
    i'll have to try smoking some beats later tonight
    Listen, Listen, Pass or something like that.

These are just gateway beats. First you start by listening to 2 beats, then you'll need to listen to 3 beats, then 4...

The next thing you know, you'll be putting your baby in the oven.
    Tons more at the link

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Binaural Beats Audio Supposedly Gives You a Drug-Like High?

I downloaded and listened to the 'Content' clip and it put me to sleep, but it's quite possible that any white noise would've had the same effect on me...

I'm thinking about buying one of the CDs, though, just to try it out. The science is intriguing...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

That reminds me of the neurofeedback device you could build (I'll find the link). I was amazed a the fact this Binaural Beat effect was discovered in 1839 :icon_eek:

Weird and wonderful!

edit: here's one link

Now I have to find the original 70's article...

Some references: «An article entitled "Alpha Brain Waves & Biofeedback Training" in the
      December 1972 popular Electronics show a system which uses a person's own
      EEG signal to modulate a tone generator which, in turn, then drives a
      speaker heard by the same person. The device allowed a person to "hear"
      his or her own brain signals in an attempt to voluntarily control the
      frequency. A similar device which allows a person to "see" his or her own
      brain waves is shown in an article entitled "Mind Power: Alpha" in the
      July 1976 Radio-Electronics.»

DB
      Last edited by Dick Blonov; 08-23-2008, 04:14 PM.

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

Yea I'm pretty sure that drugs will get you a lot higher than listening to this type of sounds/'music'... Although I do gotta say I did feel slightly happier when I listened to the Gamma part on the samples from the I doser website.. Then it switched to Orgasm and I just laughed at the moans in the background.
        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Yeah, I'm highly involved with binaural beats. The principal is very simple, you have one frequency going into one ear (say 300hz and 307hz) and another going into the other ear. In the brain, the difference between them (7 hz) is synthesized as a third frequency and it synchronizes the brain into frequencies that aren't able to be heard by our ears, but that our brains frequently go into when we're meditating or sleeping. It has significantly changed my life since I discovered it. I suggest everyone open up their torrent site of choice and search for something called hemi-sync. If you're skeptical about there being any part of you that is not physical, after you do this, your opinion will change for sure.

Comment

Yea I just put I Doser in artist for limewire and am still downloading some stuff but the LSD one actually did get my eyes tripping out a tiny bit like these things do ([media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzSRVgF501M&feature=related[/media]) but was kind of fading off anyway.
            Do the speakers have to be somewhat perfectly alligned? I've got a small surround sound speaker about 3 feet away to my right infront of me then the left one about a foot and a half sitting on a cabinet. (not sure if that would throw off the whole hz thing)

Kind of reminds me of this story, has nothing to do with Binaural beats but still just impressed the hell out of me with the sophistication of sound waves,

http://www.spybusters.com/Great_Seal_Bug.html

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jDnAnm7tY8[/media]
            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
              Do the speakers have to be somewhat perfectly alligned? I've got a small surround sound speaker about 3 feet away to my right infront of me then the left one about a foot and a half sitting on a cabinet. (not sure if that would throw off the whole hz thing)
              Speakers won't work at all. You have to have completely separate signals in each ear, so headphones are the way to go...
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Was wondering about that, seems like a pretty good way to fall asleep sooner would be a great substitute to cannabis also wouldnt have the after effect of drouziness and having the munchies.

Comment

I downloaded that app and lay on my bed listening to it but I can't stand that white noise. Its the most annoying sound in the world and I just wanted to turn it off.
                  I've gotta call it placebo for me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X