My first gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first gun

Well i did it. I bought my first gun. I had been telling my wife i wanted to get one before this next election cause who knows whats going to happen with gun laws. So yesterday after a short day at work i went down to the local shop and looked around. I had be doing weeks of online research, models sizes calibers barrel length, you name it i was reading about it.

I finally decided on a .357 mag caliber. A decent all around bullet with both stopping power and hunting possibilities. Also one nice thing is you can use .38specials from it as well.

So here it is, my new toy.

that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Re: My first gun

Thats a very reliable gun my dad has one with a long barrel I want one but cant afford it now but im happy with me Beretta 9mm semi If I get a revolver I'll most likely get a full size 45.
    |TG| Plude220

Comment

toy

I don't like seing this word used around a weapon for some reason.

Used'ta have a .357, traded it off because it didn't fit my hand. For me, a gun is either small because it's for concealed carry, or it's large because it's for fitting my hand. No sense being anywhere between.

Comment

My wife has a Ruger SP101 .357 that is small, and yet fills my medium sized hand. Great caliber.

Thanks for sharing, Trooper! Is it a Taurus?
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yeah its a Taurus Model 66.

I am really happy about the gun. After reading some things online about them and people bashing them i was a little skeptical. But after talking to a few actual owners and the gun shop owner i was happy with what they told me. And if something does go bad i can send the gun in for free repairs for life.

Tomorrow i plan on really giving this gun a work out. Ive got 200rounds to have fun with.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Nice blaster ;)
            |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Heh, love shooting off mag bullets, leaves a special ringing in your ears that sends a little extra blood down to a certain part of your body..
              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                After reading some things online about them and people bashing them i was a little skeptical.
                From what I understand, Taurus used to make mediocre handguns, but in the '80s they bought a new armory with brand new CNC mills and the company turned around nearly overnight. I believe Rossi bought Taurus' old factory, and has done surprisingly well with it.
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Some refer to cars/boats/planes as their "toy", and they can be just as lethal, if not more so.
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Actually Cing i think they bought old Smith and Wesson Machines plus new machines. They still lack good quality control though. I could show you link after link of just poor craftman ship that could have been avoided had the person checking the gun actually tested it.

One that comes to mind is a barrel etched with the word MAGNUN instead of MAGNUM.
                    -Vulcan

Comment

Serioulsy this thing is getting expensive. I just spent 45bucks on a fitted holster about 200bucks worth of ammo AND hardwood grips. Hopefully i get the bank statement before my wife does or she is going to flip.

Im telling you though 3" groups at 10 yards is really nice to see. Single action is great but double action needs some work. Im thinking of getting a spring kit and trying it out. Its just such a long pull.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                        Serioulsy this thing is getting expensive. I just spent 45bucks on a fitted holster about 200bucks worth of ammo AND hardwood grips. Hopefully i get the bank statement before my wife does or she is going to flip.

Im telling you though 3" groups at 10 yards is really nice to see. Single action is great but double action needs some work. Im thinking of getting a spring kit and trying it out. Its just such a long pull.
                        That is why I don't buy firearms any longer. It is expensive. Soon you will be wanting that nice 9mm semi. And then you need a nice rifle. And a plinking rifle would also be nice. Ohhhhh and skeet shooting, cool!

Add in the new sight, optics, cases, safes... not to mention ammo.

Speaking of ammo, after you start shooting a lot you think that reloading would save tons of cash.

It is a vicious, but fun and satisfying, circle.
                        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

well i have a rifle and can use any of my dads, so i just let him buy the fun expensive ones and i bought this gun as more of a home defense/fun gun
                          -Vulcan

Comment

Welcome to the world of expensive hobbies!

Comment

yah im already looking at what i want next...im thinking a 1911
                              -Vulcan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...