X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Game-Sharers Being Sued; Peter Moore Says Bad Idea

Link:
    UK Game-Sharers Being Sued; Peter Moore Says Bad Idea

So something I find really off about this article. First off let me say I have never pirated a game before.

But they say there were "691,000 downloads of Operation Flashpoint by Codemasters in one week alone"

Sorry, but I'm going to have to call bull shat on that.

There are not enough people still interested in that game to have downloaded it that many times in a year, let alone a week.

Did that game even sell more than 500k copies at retail?

What do you think?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: UK Game-Sharers Being Sued; Peter Moore Says Bad Idea

Supply vs Demand. The only way to stop internet piracy is the price of games/music/movies etc to drop to a level pirates think is worth paying. Honestly there is a reason Sweden has a pirate party(yes it real, focused on legalizing internet piracy). I am not really sure why companies think suing people, often those who are only a small fish in the entire process will help them. So I have to say bad idea to sue internet game sharers. Most people will pay for a game if and emphasis on if they feel it is worth it and priced fairly. Even the most hardcore internet pirates in Sweden that I know will pay for games that they feel have a decent price and are of good quality.

Just so I don't get flamed. I am not saying internet piracy is correct, just stating that I think suing internet pirates has the strategic value of using a 9mm to take out a tank.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
    X