Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Russia declares itself ready for another cold war.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia declares itself ready for another cold war.

Just read this, interesting stuff

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...ussia.georgia2

Thought, comments? What can we do in the west, other than sabre rattle which it looks like may have started with the UK calling for an European alliance against Russian aggression, but that's bull, rueroesna don't have the stomach for that, in my opinion we need to stand strong in NATO here.

Re: Russia declares itself ready for another cold war.

We haz more Nookz!!!!111
    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Its time to bring back the Finish. Maybe a 2nd Winter War will do the Russians some good.

Comment

Time to create some sort of robot soldier that can be put on the front line and controled by the good people here at TG!
        "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
        Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
        " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Have a smaller country start fighting Russia with strong ties to allied support through that.. I'm not sure if this is going to be another cold war or turn into a WW3 though, nuclear warfare is going to be a b****...
          "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
          'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
            Just read this, interesting stuff

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...ussia.georgia2

Thought, comments? What can we do in the west, other than sabre rattle which it looks like may have started with the UK calling for an European alliance against Russian aggression, but that's bull, rueroesna don't have the stomach for that, in my opinion we need to stand strong in NATO here.
            Develop alternative fuels so that the "West" won't need Russia's oil and natural gas. Then watch Russia's economy suffer badly.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Originally posted by Skylark View Post
              Time to create some sort of robot soldier that can be put on the front line and controled by the good people here at TG!
              if we got badger on one, Russia would not have a chance.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

So far it seem that the Western countries tactics are "ANTAGONISE RUSSIA AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE". I say we should stop doing that. Why is the west up in arms about Russia's recognition that South Ossetia is independent? It seems to me that's what the people want and I don't think America of all nations is able to condemn a peoples independence.

Comment

I'm missing a piece of old history here if someone can remember. The territories that Russia disputes contains 90% russians with russian passports and everything right? How come it's not Russian then? What happened to this area when the USSR was split? Did the UN *GIVE* this land to Georgia or what? Who drew up the borders to this thing?

I mean, it's like your brother takes your coolest toy from you and your mum says "live with it". But it's always yours and you keep wanting it back. You just wait until the right moment and *BAM* take it back. Isn't that what happened here? Some sort of payback from way back?

Comment

Unfortunately, if Berkeley wanted to secede and join Russia, the US would legally be bound to stop it. Perhaps Russia and Georgia are stuck with similar laws.
                    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally Posted by Superfast
                      I'm missing a piece of old history here if someone can remember. The territories that Russia disputes contains 90% russians with russian passports and everything right? How come it's not Russian then? What happened to this area when the USSR was split? Did the UN *GIVE* this land to Georgia or what? Who drew up the borders to this thing?
                      From Wikipedia
                      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_war
                      Created on December 21, 1991, the Commonwealth of Independent States could be viewed as a successor entity to the Soviet Union and, according to leaders of Russia, its purpose was to "allow a civilized divorce" between the Soviet Republics. However, the CIS is emphatically not a state unto itself, and is more comparable to a loose confederation, similar to the European Community.
                      Think just after Desert Shield (Gulf War I).

Comment

Meh, I'm not really the least bit surprised or interested in this. Just another excuse for both of our militaries to siphon off even MORE tax money into developing weapon systems (actual level of technology weapons systems, which is beyond what is officially known or even acknowledged as possible by "current" science) and public, official weapons systems, which will remain secret for a few years and then be publicized so that everyone thinks this is the top of the line, while in actuality military technology is somewhere between 500 and 1,000 years ahead of what we think. Oh, didn't you know? The US, as well as russia have their own parallel military space programs. NASA and RKA are just a front operation intended to sanitize (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbrush) media relating to space. If you really believe we're still at the level of rocketry, you are incredibly naive.

Comment

Originally posted by mentholated View Post
                          Meh, I'm not really the least bit surprised or interested in this. Just another excuse for both of our militaries to siphon off even MORE tax money into developing weapon systems (actual level of technology weapons systems, which is beyond what is officially known or even acknowledged as possible by "current" science) and public, official weapons systems, which will remain secret for a few years and then be publicized so that everyone thinks this is the top of the line, while in actuality military technology is somewhere between 500 and 1,000 years ahead of what we think. Oh, didn't you know? The US, as well as russia have their own parallel military space programs. NASA and RKA are just a front operation intended to sanitize (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbrush) media relating to space. If you really believe we're still at the level of rocketry, you are incredibly naive.
                          Mulder? Mulder is that you?

Great discussion here!

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                            I'm missing a piece of old history here if someone can remember.
                            Read this:

Caucasus: A History of Blood and New-born Democracies
                            sigpic
                            "All wars are fought for money" (Socrates, 470-399 BC)
                            "Only the dead have seen the end of the war" (Plato, 427-347 BC)
                            "We make war that we may live in peace" (Aristotle, 384-322 BC)

Comment

no nukes.... idk what a nook would to to mah internetz