Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee

http://coffeegeek.com/guides/presspot

I wouldn't skimp on the press itself. You can get coarse ground coffee at the coffee store, but fine ground (like Seattle's Best or some Peaberry) won't work w/ the press.

I have this one: http://www.wholelattelove.com/Bonjour/ubmonte.cfm
    sigpic
    Govern well thy appetite, lest Sin surprise thee, and her black attendant: Death. ~ John Milton - Paradise Lost

Re: Coffee

Why isn't this in the General forum, so coffee drinkers from all games can chime in? I just happened to spot it while cruising for New Posts.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I moved it to general forums and I also have some information to add to this:

http://www.coffeebeandirect.com

Amazing place to go!

And yes I am a snob as well as a geek:

Get one of these and you will never turn back!

Comment

Man....how you guys drink this stuff I will never know.

My dad claims that I am still a kid 'cause I don't drink coffee..!! hahahah

Mountain Dew forever..!!!! :)

Comment

Originally posted by birdie_in_Texas View Post
          Man....how you guys drink this stuff I will never know.

My dad claims that I am still a kid 'cause I don't drink coffee..!! hahahah

Mountain Dew forever..!!!! :)
          I used to think that too, when all I knew was Folgers and such. Then I went to Europe and learned what REAL coffee is. The Germans sure know what they're doing when it comes to coffee! My favorite cheap and common brand there was Jakobs. Great stuff. (Made by Kraft too!)

After I got used to Jakobs, I learned there are good brands here in the states too if you look around. To tell you the truth, my American favorite is Dunkin Donuts brand coffee. You can buy it at Target now! It's surprisingly good!
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

All good stuff there!

Jackobs got me thru Iraq and then Dunkin came in towards the end of the tour...

Not to mention some wonderful Sumatra exotic blend.

But try the linkage and explore some great flavors and new techniques.

Comment

Thanks Grieg... I just ordered that exact coffee press.

Haz - what is that thing in the picture LOL! Really I dont' know what it is.
              "The mind stretched to a new concept can never return to it's orginal dimension."
              "What the mind can conceive and believe..... it can achieve."

The Mediator

Comment

Some of my past musings on this version of "black gold" here:

http://matureasskickers.net/wbb2/thr...?threadid=2820

(That forum is now closed due to a software upgrade. The link is just to avoid having to type it all in again. ;))

Anyone here an alt.coffee regular?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

An old coffee drinker here. I have a FlaVia system from Mars corp. I love it. It makes one cup at a time and the different coffees are just great. It cost a little but I love my coffee.
                  The Old Guy
                  kin3
                  sigpic

Comment

Good coffee is awesome.

That being said, I used to be a Starbucks junky, but honestly I think there is better coffee one can purchase for much cheaper.
                    sigpic
                    Govern well thy appetite, lest Sin surprise thee, and her black attendant: Death. ~ John Milton - Paradise Lost

Comment

I admit to being a real coffee geek.

I currently own my own home roaster and have a decent(Gaggia MDF) grinder. I also have a Gaggia espresso machine but I hardly ever use it as I prefer press brew.

There is nothing like your own batch of roast on Sunday morning.....
                      --
                      VI VI VI - the number of the beast

Comment

Drinking coffee in zero-G:

The math and physics behind it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wetting
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contact_angle

The cup in the video is made from an "FDF book" (Flight Data File, the on-board documentation). (At least, I think he's saying "book" at the end. It might be "hook", but that doesn't make sense to me.) I'm guessing it's a plastic sleeve to hold some document.

Comment

Frankly I love coffee made with a French Press. You do lose some of the coffee oil through a paper filter so it comes out with much richer flavor.

Though if the small amount of sediment bothers you, I would suggest skipping that last sip...
                          "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                          -- Red Forman

Comment

I am more of a quantity over quality kinda coffee guy. 3 cups a day or more :)
                            But I am trying to cut down on it, can't sleep with all that caffeine in me.
                            "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Damonte is a big fan of the 'press pot' or 'french press'. When company is over and Damonte pulls out the four cup french press, asking if people want coffee... and every says yes, they all bug their eyes out when he pulls out the 12-cup press. It's massive, but it does the trick. Less coffee required for the guests because many times they are not accustomed to the strength.

Favorite coffee's (daily drinkers) are:
                              - Volcano super dark (from Trader Joes, no longer carried)

- Dunkin' Donuts (surprisingly good)
                              -Trader Joe's Maragogipe from Guatemala

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X