And so it snow/sleeted badly here..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it snow/sleeted badly here..

Not as bad as some areas, but we got hit by a mini-ice storm :)
    I made a little video (Yes.. it's a family video to show relatives... so ignore the music :P) of it all. Keep in mind.. what looks like snow, is pure ice. I slipped and fell on the area where the GRASS is supposed to be! Pure ice :P
    It's 7mb, but it shows me slipping and sliding on our driveway and backyard concrete place area.. o.O I even try to slide on my side, but that didn't work too well >.<
    Weee!!!!

Click here for the slippery video :)

Re: And so it snow/sleeted badly here..

Oh yeah, since it doesn't snow or ice up here a bunch, i suck at doing those things :P

Comment

it's good to see what memphis was like...thanks matt.

Comment

The inflatable snowman I have in the yard won't stand up because of all the ice on it. The low temp tonight is 7 degrees, I guess I'll bring in the dogs.
        I love going down to the elementary school, watching all the kids jump and shout, but they dont know Im using blanks.

Comment

Nice video dude. Everybody Conga!

Now put some celophane on those shoes and show what a real man you are!
          New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
            Nice video dude. Everybody Conga!

Now put some celophane on those shoes and show what a real man you are!

yeah :P

I suck at sliding on ice.. but I saw a truck slide almost half way entirly... good stuff :)

Comment

Nice. Metal saucers or ice sleds behind a snowmobile is the best thing to do after one of these ice storms!! Fun stuff.
              birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

what would be REALLY funny was if you have slid and crashed into something nice and breakable...like your lawn furniture, or maybe some stacked stuff...just something stupid enough to make it into stupidvideos.com ;)

:icon_lol:

Comment

I'm here in Memphis as well.

I got out in this today to do some shopping. My wife was driving. She grew up in Colorado and was most prepared to deal with it, but it's nasty stuff, especially in a city unprepared for it.

Sadly, this storm means I'll miss Christmas Eve and morning with my family in Arkansas, as the roads between here and there are dangerous (and the Leerjet is in the shop... AGAIN.. ugh).

I'll probably travel Christmas afternoon, which means I don't miss Christmas together, but I'll miss seeing many people who will be gone by the time I arrive. Come to think of it, it's likely just wishful thinking that I'll even get to travel on Saturday, as it's not even going to get above freezing until Saturday afternoon. And later next week we're forecasted to have highs in the mid-sixties. We have a saying in Memphis: If you don't like the season, wait fifteen minutes.

I was talking to my mom on my cell phone today, while I was slowly conquering an uphill parking lot on foot. I said... "Mom... what the hell happened? Winter storms used to be fun as hell, and now they're nothing but a pain in the ass!" She just said, "Welcome to being an adult." heh. :)
                  Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

LOL.. This is sad...

I live in New England, so snow/slush/ice storms are a really common event.. You should be able to manage.. Do they salt/treat the roads at all? (And no, dirt doesn't count)
                    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Can't dirt the roads! We'd have nothing for dinner!

Apparently it's a common complaint with this storm both in Little Rock and Memphis that people don't see salt trucks roaming the streets. Yes, we have salt trucks in this region, but there's only so much salt to go around....

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                        Can't dirt the roads! We'd have nothing for dinner!

Apparently it's a common complaint with this storm both in Little Rock and Memphis that people don't see salt trucks roaming the streets. Yes, we have salt trucks in this region, but there's only so much salt to go around....
                        You have a stop & shop out there? ;-) I remember a few years ago we had a shortage of salt, but that's really rare event for up here. They are usually WELL stocked.

We're getting bombarded with rain right now, I'm just glad it's not 2' of snow..
                        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Yeah, I mean... it's a double-edged sword, sorta... I'd hate to see the city be TOO prepared for this sorta stuff, as it's so rare. I'd hate to think too much money is being spent on winter storm preparation.

Comment

As you can see, they don't salt our little roads... but it was fun seeing the cars slide all the way down the street.. :D

(no crashes or anything though... luckily)

Oh yeah, all those chairs and stuff.... BOLTED to the ground because the ice was soo hard against it... took me a long time with a hammer to open the fence.. no telling what i could have done that would have gotten those chairs up.. I just would have fell over them, and they wouldn't have budged :P

Comment

cooooomee tooooo chiccaagggogoooooo, ittsssss reallllllyyyy wwwiiiinnnnnnddddyyyyyy.

snow + wind + 0 degres = death :O

although we dont get our snow till after christmas... its weird

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X