prescription tactical goggles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prescription tactical goggles

So I know a lot of people in this forum are servicemen, hopefully some of them wear glasses. I'm trying to find a place that offers prescription goggles (not the kind that let you put a prescription insert in). I know of one by WileyX or something like that, but they're far too expensive. Over 100 $ for the goggles and then if you want them in your prescription, thats another 100+ $.

I'm mainly looking to use them at the range or in any other situation where something sturdier than my glasses that won't fall off my head or break if they do can be used.

And in the off chance that I some day decide to enlist, how would I go about getting these to me?

edit: shortly after googling the thread title I found a website that has some that are in my price range. But if anyone still has a place they'd recommend or advise to offer, feel free to post it.
    Last edited by mentholated; 08-27-2008, 11:14 AM.

Re: prescription tactical goggles

I paid about $100 for prescription glasses at Costco with polycarb lenses. I'm walking through a machine shop frequently so something to protect my eyes made sense. They're not goggles, and in fact are "frameless" "drill-mount" glasses, so they don't protect from stuff coming from the side, though.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I know you mentioned the WileyX glasses, but that's EXACTLY what the military issued me for the desert. They're pretty sweet. They might be expensive, but you not only get the clear inserts, but you also get some shaded inserts and yellow inserts (which rock for shooting). There's probably a cheaper alternative, though.

Here's my suggestion. Get something cheap that does the trick (I'm sure Costco and Sams offer prescription safety glasses), and WHEN you join the military, just wait until you get some issued to you. You probably won't get them until you're deployable, though. In basic training, they make you wear some pretty horrible glasses. That was the worst thing for me about basic. God, I hated those BCG's.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

[media]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/thegoggles.jpg[/media]
        |TG|Switch

Better known as:
        That noob who crashed the chopper.
        That noob who ran over the mine.
        That noob who TK'd me with a sniper rifle.
        That noob who hit that APC at 300m with light AT! Our APC...

Comment

Originally posted by Switch View Post
          [media]http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/thegoggles.jpg[/media]
          Awesome!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE9Dgp4zlPg[/media]
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse