Gustav

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gustav

Well, we've still got a day or two before we know for sure what it's gonna look like for the Gulf Coast, but he's definitely got New Orleans in mind. And on the anniversary of Katrina...

And my employers have decided that Gustav will NOT be another Katrina, so it looks like I'm going to be heading that direction sometime this weekend. Could be fun. Could be hell. Just glad I don't live there.

If you live on the Gulf, you'll definitely be in my thoughts in the coming weeks. Please make proper preparations to leave or hunker down NOW. Despite the hurricane being so far away, the next few days will be hectic and you can't prepare too soon.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Gustav

We may be leaving, we might not. If we do end up having to go, we're evacuating to Forth Worth. (Dad is Navy and is in charge of making sure all the people station in NO get out of there safe.)

Comment

If you stay there and die or lose everything, you deserve it. Leave now or face the consequences.

Comment

The hell is your problem? I'm not one of those dumbasses who stayed behind during Katrina. (And our house survived that btw.)

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeyandthebandit View Post
          The hell is your problem? I'm not one of those dumbasses who stayed behind during Katrina. (And our house survived that btw.)
          I don't mean you specifically, I mean anyone.

Comment

Should FEMA bail out those whose homes and businesses are destroyed? Should people be encouraged to rebuild where heavy losses recur?

I live in earthquake country. I don't think people in other states should be responsible for my choice. That's what insurance is for, and if you don't have it, you rolled the dice and lost. (Insurance is just another form of gambling, of risk abatement.)
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by mentholated View Post
              If you stay there and die or lose everything, you deserve it. Leave now or face the consequences.
              Most ridiculous statement ever. If you really feel that way then I do hope you find yourself alone in YOUR darkest hour.
              | | |

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic Dog View Post
                Most ridiculous statement ever. If you really feel that way then I do hope you find yourself alone in YOUR darkest hour.
                Yeah, I've reconsidered. If I was prepared enough to think I could ride it out I probably would. But I wouldn't want anyone with me. Still, it is idiotic to stay there.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X