"The Screen Generation"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Screen Generation"

Much of the linked site is NSFA (not safe for anyone) but the text file that I'm linking directly to is quite safe. CDC Paramedia is an online independant publishing group. They're also known as one of the most famous 'hacker groups' in the world, (Up there with MOD and LOD) though I believe much of that fame has come from their own advertisements, because as of yet, I cannot determine any website defacements and or any 'hacker like' activities commited recently by any members of the CDC.

Except Goolag. Goolag is epic.

Anyways, this is one of their most recently posted texXxt files, and I really felt that it should be spread further than just those who regularly check the CDC website.

http://www.cultdeadcow.com/cDc_files/cDc-0412.html

Please feel free to discuss, agree, and disagree with the said text file.

(I didn't write it, just spreadin' the good word.)
    Young Man approached the black monolith that emitted a faint glow and humming noise, and it became clear to him that he should fire not where the alien ship is, but where it is going to be. -Magna Centipede

Re: "The Screen Generation"

cDc wrote Back Orifice 2000, didn't they? I'm not big on hacker stuff, but I've never heard of LOD or MOD. (Hope I didn't just invite hell to be rained on my computer because I slighted anyone...)
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Re: "The Screen Generation"

They sure did. They also wrote the supposed program that removed back orifice 2000, which incidentally just updated the program. :D

MOD and LOD are sort of... older hacker groups. Long since disbanded, so you don't really have to worry about that. But they were the two most prominent groups in 'the great hacker war'. In which the two groups raised hell on the phone lines for several months. This was in the earlier days of hacking when 'phreaking' was also incredibly popular. 'phreaking' is the use of phone lines for various not-so-nice uses. Tapping into phone lines in the streets to create party lines, tapping other people's home lines, getting free calls, gaining acess to computer systems through the modems. Phreaking is becoming obselete these days, as computers are becoming more reliant on broadband, rather than modems.

Interesting, epic stuff. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Hacker_War
      Young Man approached the black monolith that emitted a faint glow and humming noise, and it became clear to him that he should fire not where the alien ship is, but where it is going to be. -Magna Centipede

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X