http://s437.photobucket.com/albums/q...unn1978/Tahoe/

My birthday present to myself.

Re: My New Conveyance

whats that thing get for mileage?
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

he will be lucky if it breaks 20MPG. If you dont mind me asking, why did you buy it?

|TG-IRR|

Comment

needed a vehicle, was about the only thing I could get.

For gas mileage, my brother (Gunner) is getting 19.6 out of his 4wd 99 Tahoe, and this is 2wd.

So far I filled it up, put 114 miles on it and it hasn't even dropped to the F marker yet.

Comment

Originally posted by KillDaddy View Post
          needed a vehicle, was about the only thing I could get.

For gas mileage, my brother (Gunner) is getting 19.6 out of his 4wd 99 Tahoe, and this is 2wd.

So far I filled it up, put 114 miles on it and it hasn't even dropped to the F marker yet.

seriously? I expected like 12-14. I guess that's not as bad as i thought. Considering my Taurus only gets 23 normally.
          -Vulcan

Comment

Hehe, I used to drive a '91 mazda CabPlus that got 11 mpg...

Comment

Have you considered doing an HHO mod? You could get 10-20 miles extra.

Comment

Was looking for a thread to attach this to. :D

http://failblog.org/2008/08/29/car-fail/
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Heh My friends got one of those, got to drive it one night when I unwillingly became the designated driver, though I drove less than a mile I gotta say they drive pretty damn well, Nice buy man... and happy birthday.
                  "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                  'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymod...et_Tahoe.shtml

Comment

that site is off. My car on there is listed alot lower then what i actually get.
                      -Vulcan

Comment

yep. plus if you do a Find A Car search you'll see a guy there reporting an average of 21mpg with 10% city driving and 90% highway (about what I do)

Comment

The site also said my little Mazda 3 gets 22/29. Not true at all. I like to calculate my mpg at every fill-up, and the worst I've ever gotten is 25 city. I average a realistic 27/32. I've gotten it as high as 35 mpg.
                          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by mentholated View Post
                            Have you considered doing an HHO mod? You could get 10-20 miles extra.
                            What is that HHO mod you are suggesting?

I have a 02 Avalanche Z71 and need to figure out a way to either get better mileage or get ready to sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by HAZMAT View Post
                              What is that HHO mod you are suggesting?

I have a 02 Avalanche Z71 and need to figure out a way to either get better mileage or get ready to sell it.
                              Don't bother selling it. You won't get any money for it. I was at a dealership the other day and saw an '07 Avalanche Z71 FULLY loaded. Leather, navigation, the works. It was selling for around 17k. Aren't they like 40-45k brand new?

For example, here's a 2002 Z71 in the area...
                              http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...2&rdpage=thumb
                              $8492

My suggestion? Wait it out until people get adjusted to the gas prices, THEN sell it. If you HAVE to get something with better MPG in the meanwhile, just spend a couple grand on a good old Accord or a Camry or something. Or you can buy a Mazda 626 for almost next to nothing. Good cars too. I used to have a 1996 626 with a 4 cylinder engine and a 5-speed, and I'd get upwards of 35 on the highway. Once I squeezed 500 miles out of a 14 gallon tank of gas. For what I'm seeing brand new economical cars versus trucks going for, it's hard to justify the mpg gain. Dealerships are wanting stupid amounts of money for little cars now, and practically giving away trucks.
                              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X