Name my game character

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name my game character

First, please don't run off if you don't play WoW. I play on a server where you don't have to sound like a LoTR nerd. ;) Cultural references are okay. I want to hear opinions from players of other games. I see the toon I'm naming as being similar to the combat medics of BF2 and TF2.

Those of you playing TF2 may recall this Penny Arcade cartoon (NSFW language):

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/9/21/

This is the attitude hostiles have towards priests in WoW. ;)

Background: I've got a priest on a PvP server and I'm tired of getting ganked. Enough that I haven't played that character in a very long time. But I miss playing the priest class, and don't want to start over from scratch. So I want to move him to a PvE server where I play actively. Unfortunately, I already have a character there with the same name, so I need to rename my priest as part of the move.

The name must be 12 characters, no spaces, first capitalized, no non-US accents.

I'm particularly interested in opinions from medical practitioneers, and particularly from nurses. (My mom's a retired RN, and went back to school when I was a teen when my dad died to learn nursing to support my brothers and I. So this is sort of an homage to her, as well.)

The only famous nurses that come to mind are Florence Nightengale, Margaret (Hot Lips) Houlilhan of M*A*S*H, and Cloris Leachman's Nurse Diesel of Mel Brooks' High Anxiety. There's also Nurse Ratched of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. None of these really "grab" me. Plus, they're all ladies and my priest is male.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Name my game character

Walt Whitman was a nurse in the Civil War.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

gaylord faulker
      Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
      The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

I have no interest in WoW, but I am a nurse, so I'll throw this in the hat: St. Camillus de Lellis - The alpha of male nursing. He was also sainted, if that tells you anything.

St. Camillus de Lellis (1550-1614) founded the Nursing Order of Ministers of the sick. Men of this order cared for the dying, people stricken with the plague, and alcoholics.

I've got others if you want them, but this sounded the most fitting for WoW.

Comment

Bedpan Charlie

Ben Doverfirshotz

Mr. Needles

Benton Buffin

Slappy McMedic
          sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

lol, i like the Bedpan Charlie.
            sigpic
            I'm Back.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              I have no interest in WoW, but I am a nurse, so I'll throw this in the hat: St. Camillus de Lellis - The alpha of male nursing. He was also sainted, if that tells you anything.

St. Camillus de Lellis (1550-1614) founded the Nursing Order of Ministers of the sick. Men of this order cared for the dying, people stricken with the plague, and alcoholics.

I've got others if you want them, but this sounded the most fitting for WoW.
              I came in here to make a suggestion but honestly I love Ferris's idea.
              Last edited by Wimpinator; 09-01-2008, 07:35 PM.
              Retired 6th DB

Comment

I looked him up:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camillus_de_Lellis

That's promising; no one's grabbed that name yet on my server/realm, Eldre'Thalas:

http://www.wowarmory.com/search.xml?...searchType=all

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

TheBigSpoon
                  Skud

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I pulled the trigger last night and my character is now under his new name:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X