Everybody Loves Raymond

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everybody Loves Raymond

I was always a fan of this show, but now since i am in my late 20's (scary) and have a brother who is married (scarier), when i watch this show it brings up to a whole new level......the funny thing is that certain lines mean something different as opposed to when i was a teenager or in college and watched this show.

Its like when i was 9 and watched the movie airplane and didn't quite get it when Ted said "that's when i developed my drinking problem", or when the girl said "I like my coffee black like my men", then watching it as you get older you realize ahhhhhhh, or oh yea now i get it.

Anyways I recommend everybody loves raymond to all, probably at some point you can relate to this show, and have a few laughs at its expense.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Everybody Loves Raymond

I watch this show religiously.. it is on when I get home from work, and before my GF gets home.. I think it is HILARIOUS.. But then again.. I still like Seinfeld too.

Comment

The biggest bucket of diarrhea on television. Ray Romano is one of the worst stand up comedians to ever live, second to only Dane Cook, and it shows. The show is garbage and is basically just some weird underlining feminism and stereotypical characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoopy View Post
        The biggest bucket of diarrhea on television. Ray Romano is one of the worst stand up comedians to ever live, second to only Dane Cook, and it shows. The show is garbage and is basically just some weird underlining feminism and stereotypical characters.
        That's perhaps the biggest amount of slander i have ever seen in one post.

I watch the show from time to time. I'm usually busy during the time it's on.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

ask me if i care......and out of curiosity, you are??????????
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

There are parts of this show that tickle me because I have two kids and my wife is a stay-at-home mom. I never seem to make it past the next commercial though.

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
            ......and out of curiosity, you are??????????
            Oh, that's Zoop...Don't worry, he doesn't bite. Zoop, Randy...Randy...Zoop.
            ;)
            |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
              and out of curiosity, you are??????????
              [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxc2VGoIhHU[/media]

Comment

I enjoyed King of Queens a lot more, It was a semi-spin off of Raymond, well Kevin James was the same character, but I think its pretty hilarious. I don't think Ray Romano is that great of a comedian either, but the dad in the show was pretty funny.

Comment

Garrett, Boyle, and Roberts were great, but they couldn't make up for the hair-falling-out horror of Ray Romano attempting funny.

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxc2VGoIhHU[/media]
                    I'm digging the lyrics, Zoop. :D

But in all seriousness. I liked EBLR when i was younger (few years ago, tbh), but now I watch it, and I realise how non-funny it is. It's just some guy with nasal issues, going on about his wildly exaggerated family life.

W00t, gimme a beer and some nachos and it's a partay!
                    /s

Over-rated, imo. I think my favorite comedian is Russel Peters.
                    sigpic

Comment

All depends on your perspective I guess. My in-laws and my wife and I watch the show occasionally and we find it hilarious. It touches upon many of the issues we've encountered together over our 15 year history together.

I'm probably assuming too much when I say Zoopy is probably not in the demographic group they were aiming for.
                      sigpic
                      |TG-1st|Grunt
                      ARMA Admin (retired)
                      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Zoopy is in his own demographic.

Comment

The show has its moments. Frankly I enjoyed catching up on Malcolm in the Middle more when they started showing it at 6:30pm daily around here - too bad I didn't watch it when it was new but it's much funnier that I would have though. Brian Cranston is a genius.
                          "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                          -- Red Forman

Comment

I thought I might find that show funny when I bought a house right next door to my parents. The show still isn't funny.
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I used to feel depressed every time I would watch either Raymond or KoQ...Yet another All InThe Family rehash, with more dysfunction, people acting like inhuman morons...just a parade of caricatures and stereotypes with a lot of mean-spirited humor thrown in.

At least Arrested Development did dysfunctional family with some originality and flair. At least they didn't even pretend that this was a real family, or could be. The family was a vehicle for the comedy, instead of a tired gag prop. George Lopez, Bernie Mac = Raymond/KoQ for minorities, but they each did something that went beyond stereotype, to help open up discussion about underlying issues in those cultures/communities. The comedy was still pretty bad, but it had some redeeming value when they tackled issues like teen pregnancy, employment opportunity biases, or aging.
                              sigpic

Living proof that "Teamplay ensmartens the idiotest of us!"

"

| | | | |

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...