The TG Spore Universe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The TG Spore Universe

As everyone knows, Spore is releasing this weekend and looks to be one of the best Sandbox games ever created. I wont go into describing the game except to direct you to a final review by Gamespy here:
    http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/spore/907564p1.html

I've followed this game ever since it was just an idea in Will Wright's head and he was interviewing coders from the Scandinavian demo scene to figure out how he'd deal with the data involved. It's FINALLY being released. What's got me most excited? The ability of the game (assuming you're online) to populate the Universe with your friends' creations. This basically turns the game into one big quasi-multiplayer 3d Facebook of odd empires.

You CAN, if you like ONLY populate with particular peoples' creations, which means we can literally make a TG Universe. We can integrate, compel, or destroy eachother's creations at will. EVERYTHING in the Universe will be created from the online 'verse. A verse that can be made up of just about any amount of people we want, whoever we want.

I'm pretty sure there will be a master server to form usergroups and the like, to rank creations and smack talk. So we SHOULD be able to form our own if we want. We shall see. Anyways, I thought it'd be cool to run into eachother's stuff accidentally ingame.

Re: The TG Spore Universe

looks cool bro :) i just may have to pick this one up :) :)

Comment

I've been thinking heavily on Spore. On one hand, I love the idea. On the other, I just dont know how time consuming it may become.
      Skud

Comment

I'm in :)
        ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
        No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

if i can actually get the demo to run i might get this. Really sounds like an original game for once.
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

I'm ready too evolve :)
            |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
            "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
            - Check me out on The Onion
            - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
              I'm ready too evolve :)
              Good luck with that... :) j/k

Comment

What about the obsessive Secure-Rom or whatever included into spore?
                Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                  What about the obsessive Secure-Rom or whatever included into spore?
                  That's going to be in with the release box?

Comment

My galaxy will eat your galaxy.

Comment

My one-eyed, one-horned, flying purple people-eater will pwn u all.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Dont know, PR, ArmA, COH, and all the steam games with the occasional play of the black and white 2 demo are all I need I think, anything else and its just a waste of money for time being until I decide to put in a bunch of money for new games when the old ones die out,
                        "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                        'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                          Dont know, PR, ArmA, COH, and all the steam games with the occasional play of the black and white 2 demo are all I need I think, anything else and its just a waste of money for time being until I decide to put in a bunch of money for new games when the old ones die out,
                          Party pooper. ;)
                          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

euch. I don't want to go up against the monsters I fully expect you lot to dream up. What we should do is find a way to inflict our wicked creations on some other poor, unsuspecting community, then beat them up and take their stuff.

Comment

I support this notion.
                              Skud

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed