Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: 2011 Chevy Volt revealed!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BREAKING NEWS: 2011 Chevy Volt revealed!

Hot on the heels of the Honda release last week, its Chevy's turn to have the spotlight:

BREAKING: 2011 Chevy Volt revealed!

No doubt to the dismay of some, the would-be next Prius sure looks a good deal different than the far more angular prototype we've all come to know over the past little while, although we can't say we're exactly surprised given GM's mass-market hopes for the car. Still, it is quite the milestone for the auto industry, and hopefully only the start of things to come.
    I like the way it looks, and will like even more the MPG it gets. Now Chevy just needs to bring the price down to the low $20k, or even better the upper $teens.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: BREAKING NEWS: 2011 Chevy Volt revealed!

PBBT. I liked the concept far better. At least it didn't have yet ANOTHER industry-iteration of the Civic front end.

It's a mass-market car, sure. It'll bring it to the masses, sure. I guess that's what kills it for me, is that it's a mainstream yawn-fest vehicle. Big-3 gotta save themselves SOMEHOW, I suppose.

Hopefully the forthcoming reviews prove me otherwise.

At least make the concept model a bodystyle option.
    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Looks nice. Hopefully this is a step out of near bankruptcy for GM.

What's the estimated mileage range?
      |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
      "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
      - Check me out on The Onion
      - I'm on the local news!

Comment

Photoshop....

It took a second but the lighting doesn't match, and its TOO perfect. This is a 3d model with three guys pasted on top.

~ Draken

Comment

ive been liking what Scion has been doing.... you can customize the car anyway

you want and it truely makes it yours and not like everyone elses. they have so many

package options that you would be hard pressed to find someone else that did theirs the exact same way that you did....

something the BIG GUYS need to think about. but with them ot would just mean the cars price would double instead of it just being a parts swap and not a addition.

Comment

Originally posted by DrakenViator View Post
            Photoshop....

It took a second but the lighting doesn't match, and its TOO perfect. This is a 3d model with three guys pasted on top.

~ Draken

agreed. And this car will never be in production. By 2011 GM will no long be in the car business.
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

I believe GM will get better sales once the 2010 Camaro starts selling and if they can keep their prices at a low price to compete with the Challenger Dodge may release and the Charger not to mention the Ford Mustang.
              That is a car worth waiting for, I want the V8 6.2L SS model with the 6 speed tranny. 422 Ponies under the hood...WOW!!! Then top that off with a 175 MPH speedometer, of course a person most likely will have to take out or reprogram the speed limiter to get past 105 or 110 if like other car manufacturers(I would have to put it to a test). Fastest I have gone was 160 in a Dodge Intrepid and a Ford Mustang Cobra, also believe it or not the Dodge Stratus R/T doesn't do to bad s far as speed goes, I got it up to 145. 23 MPG estimated for the 6.2L Camaro isn't real bad either for a sports car, of course I know I would have to spend a lot extra to buy new tires and gas till I stopped spinning the tires.

Comment

Originally posted by msdz View Post
                I believe GM will get better sales once the 2010 Camaro starts selling and if they can keep their prices at a low price to compete with the Challenger Dodge may release and the Charger not to mention the Ford Mustang.
                That is a car worth waiting for, I want the V8 6.2L SS model with the 6 speed tranny. 422 Ponies under the hood...WOW!!! Then top that off with a 175 MPH speedometer, of course a person most likely will have to take out or reprogram the speed limiter to get past 105 or 110 if like other car manufacturers(I would have to put it to a test). Fastest I have gone was 160 in a Dodge Intrepid and a Ford Mustang Cobra, also believe it or not the Dodge Stratus R/T doesn't do to bad s far as speed goes, I got it up to 145. 23 MPG estimated for the 6.2L Camaro isn't real bad either for a sports car, of course I know I would have to spend a lot extra to buy new tires and gas till I stopped spinning the tires.
                Any pics?
                "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

From Chevy site itself, browse around to find pics and also some videos of the car. It sounds awesome and the exhaust makes me fall in love. http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/

Comment

but enough on the old-but-somehow-back muscle cars, and back to the hybrid topic at hand....
                    "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
                    Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

As for the hybrid discussion, buy a Toyota Prius. They ahve already showed thir dependability and cost effectiveness. Some other car manufacturers have already release and then stopped selling their hybrid cars cause they couldn't compete with the Prius, Honda was one of them, they stopped selling the Insight cause it didn't come close in sales compared to the Prius. Article I had read claimed Toyota was selling 50,000 Prius's a month and Honda was only selling 5,000 Insight's per month.
                      Also, the Prius already has so many topics on how to modify them to get 80+ MPG. Really no debate on what car I would want to buy if I wanted a hybrid.

Comment

About the original Insight, there are other reasons besides the Prius, including the price of batteries at the time (and still for that matter), it's even odder look than the Prius, and the fact that it was a very nitch car with only 2 seats. Plus, the price of gas wasn't $4 a gallon then like it is now. People would be lined up at the honda dealer if they still had it on sale.

The thing is, when you can find one for sale, like around the D.C. area, it sales for more than it cost new! Just before I moved, I was selling off some of my extra gear, and a guy called that was interested. I asked where he lived and he said West Virginia. I figured it was just a looker, but he said he could be by to see it in about 2 hours. I asked him if he was sure it was worth the drive considering how much it would cost in gas, and he said "Oh, it's cool, I have an Insight." It only cost him about 1 gallon both ways, and he actually works in DC and does the commute every day. He gets 70mpg without even trying.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

According to Motor Trend, the Prius is getting a styling makeover for the 2010 model.

Comment

So the really real new pictures were officially released today:

Officially Official: GM reveals the 2011 Chevy Volt!

VIDEO: Walkthrough of 2011 Chevy Volt interior

Officially Official: 2011 Chevrolet Volt finally revealed!

GM's Chevy Volt finally really unveiled, for real

Tons of picks from every angle at the link. I really need to see this thing in some other colors.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Is the center console a touch panel? (Since there are no button outlines.)
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X