Computer Sitting Position

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Sitting Position

I was recently accused of having poor posture. They said my head leans too far forward in it's neutral state and I agree with them.

When I sit at my comp I have an ottoman to the left side about 9 o'clock from the screen for my feet. I slouch very low in my high backed chair so my chin is tucked halfway towards my chest. I mouse with one hand and type with the other hand, unless there is a lot of typing then I sit up for a little while.

Anyway I can't sit in the normal upright position. It's just not very comfortable for me, but I would like to fix my posture. I was wondering if anyone had any interesting ways of sitting or special chairs or something.

Re: Computer Sitting Position

Ehh I just gotta remind myself to not get too focused into the game, get up every now and then to re-posture yourself (? is that a word ?).. By too focused I mean sitting straight up with head slightly infront of the body so it kind of strains the neck, good posture for me is either with my feet off to the right slumped up on a side desk and leaning back in my chair head right in between my shoulders...

If you blow dro which by the avatar you got it looks like you do, smoke a bit of it, dish yourself up some ice cream/taquitos/whatever your munchy food is then go and sit at the computer and see if you dont find what will become your favorite posture...
    "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
    'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Ass on chair. Hand on mouse.

That's about it for my personal fundamentals.

Comment

It can get real bad if I'm sitting there for awhile. Sitting at a desk all day at work, I actually have gotten to the point where I don't even wanna play video games at night when I get home. I adjusted my chair at the office to be much more upright and force myself not to slouch when doing endless CAD work. At home, if I'm relaxing/surfing the web, I'll prop my feet up onto the subwoofer or lay in bed with my media remote or something. Gaming usually promotes better posture in me somehow.

Comment

Hold a kitten on your lap and try not to wake her in a firefight. Hey, it worked for me! :D
          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X