Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Novint Falcon Controller with Gun Attachment Reviewed (Verdict: Awesome)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Novint Falcon Controller with Gun Attachment Reviewed (Verdict: Awesome)

Some may find this interesting and want to pick one up.........

Works with FPS games

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Novint Falcon Controller with Gun Attachment Reviewed (Verdict: Awesome)

I should have known Bamboo would be the first to post on this. I'm glad I checked before posting, but I will add that the manufacturer's site has a nice video demo. Does anyone here own it? Try it?
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

bullets not included
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I suppose it would be cool for a realism effect but if you're trying to play competitively it would be a huge disadvantage.
        edit: just heard at the end of the video that you can turn off the recoil effects, so it would just take some getting used to

Comment

Hmm..$200 .. This or a XBOX 360... Hmm..
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Personally wouldnt even want it, cant think of holding it around like a pistol while the character in game is holding a ak or a bazooka, also I cant see how it would be able to play into something like pr or even arma... Kinda seems like someone tried equipping a computer with wii type stuff, would much rather have the thing that reads where your looking (for flight sims and arma), frogot what its called.
            "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
            'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Seems like it would be very uncomfortable to use for any extended period of time. Though force feedback with hit direction might be useful for rapidly responding to incoming fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                would much rather have the thing that reads where your looking (for flight sims and arma), frogot what its called.
                TrackIR

Comment

Originally posted by FrankManik View Post
                  Seems like it would be very uncomfortable to use for any extended period of time. Though force feedback with hit direction might be useful for rapidly responding to incoming fire.
                  Said in the demo that he played for 8 hours (or more) using this and a elbow pad and was comfortable.

He who believes he knows the ending of things before they begin is either a very wise person or an idiot. Regardless, he is unhappy for he hast drove a knife into the heart of wonder. -Osten Ard

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                    Some may find this interesting and want to pick one up.........

Works with FPS games

That is not good enough.

For a pistol, it would be fine. For rilfes and such, it's better with a foregrip and stock.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Wtfbbqranchberrykaretstik?!
                      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...