Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm ready to shoot a machine gun - Las Vegas style!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm ready to shoot a machine gun - Las Vegas style!

I'll be in Las Vegas at the end of this month for business and have got the hankering to fire a machine gun. Wacky, huh? A business dealer of mine went last year and suggested I try it out. I've never fired a fully automatic gun before so why not in Sin City? I can't remember which range my business dealer shot at but did a little looking on the web.

Found this place:

http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/

It's on the strip and not far from my hotel, Treasure Island. Anyone shot at a range in Vegas that they can recommend? They seem to have some specials, what type of gun do I want to shoot?
    |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
    "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
    - Check me out on The Onion
    - I'm on the local news!

Re: I'm ready to shoot a machine gun - Las Vegas style!

MP5 is always a solid bet and it's a fun gun to shoot!
    |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

MP5 rocks. If you want a civilian version for your personal collection, you can get the GSG-5 which is a .22 cal MP5. :)
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Moderns guns may shoot better but the WWII package seems more interesting to me. Maybe I'll try them both!
        |TG-9th| TheFatKidDeath
        "Born to Party, Forced to Work."
        - Check me out on The Onion
        - I'm on the local news!

Comment

If it were me going, based on your list I would do M249 Saw hands down and the MP5. Though I would want to shoot way more rounds than they are offering.
          Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheFatKidDeath View Post
            Moderns guns may shoot better but the WWII package seems more interesting to me. Maybe I'll try them both!
            I've shot a few machine guns and my experience agrees with your hunch. The Thompson in .45 is the most fun I've had with any machine gun. The M2 and Mk19 are tied for second place, but I guarantee that you're not going to see either of them at an indoor range... If you've never shot a modern machine gun, the M-249 might be cool, but the M-240G (or M60E4) would be WAY cooler.

Oh, I just looked at the packages again. I'd definitely go with the WWII package. You get to handle the Tommy and also a 1911 which has got to be one of the most brilliantly designed pistols of all time. It's still a first choice of people that rely on their pistols on a daily basis. The M9 is uninteresting and a weak pistol. A 12g shottie is uninteresting when shooting paper targets, and has a tremendous recoil. The AK and M16 are somewhat interesting as they are still the main battle rifles for more soldiers worldwide than any other two rifles. If you've never shot them, you'll want to. The M249 is a weak light machine gun that shoots the same ammo as the M16/M4. It shoots fast from the belt, but is otherwise uninteresting. The MP5 is a good, fast SMG. I'd put it next to the AK and M16, in that it's very common and if you've never fired one, you'll want to, but once you have and you know what it's like, there's really nothing special about it. The Tommy is a very romantic machine gun, being popular not just amongst soldiers, but also amongst some of the most famous US federal agents and crime lords of the first half of last century. It's rather slow and very powerful, and yet the recoil is not violent nor is the muzzle climb unmanageable. You can't go wrong with the Tommy. I've never shot a MP40...

I, too, would go with the WWII pack, or else rent the Tommy and a modern 1911 separately...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Did you guys know that there is a place like the vegas gun store in TX? They are Called Mamba Guns. It works a little differently though, you call them up and they set the appointment at a location that is convenient for you.... the company has several ranges that the owner has access to, therefore there is no set location, the location is set based on where you are!!!!

They offer several machine guns including:

MG42
              Mp5k
              Ak 47
              and more....

Comment

We have water pistols and well...thats about it in Australia..
                .even they arn,t sold much anymore as it is seen as promoting weapons to children.
                If you become a member of a rifle/pistol club after exhaustive and lengthy application process(approx 10 months and several applications)...most people here are simply suspicious of anyone needing to have a firearm unless you are a farmer.Its kinda like living in the 1950,s EVERY DAY...LOL.

Comment

I'm taking an Ar15 class later this month and we get to shoot a full auto M16 at the end..... SO EXCITED!

Comment

M240B is my favorite machine gun to shoot....not sure where you could get your hand on one of those unless your in the military though.

Comment

To each their own... I wouldn't drop money on any of those packages, though. When you're finished and you realize how quickly you went through the paltry allotted ammunition if you go crazy and hold the trigger down, you'll understand why. I mean, 40 rounds for the M249? You'll blow through that in 3 damn seconds. :P

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X