Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFL Thread

What's your prediction/hopes this year?

I'm a Steelers fan and we got a big game today against the Browns. Hopefully they don't show up like last week against Dallas.

Any Jets fans? Happy with Favre?

Patriots? U know what I'm talkin about. Cassel?

Dallas? Gonna be a hard team to stop. Probably has the most talent on 1 team. That doesn't mean they won't be beaten, but that does mean they could/should win every game they play. Can't wait till we play them later in the year.

Well, those are my initial thoughts about the season. Any other TG'ers football fans?
    sigpic
    I'm Back.

Re: The NFL Thread

lol, well i guess there isnt many/any football fans here. I guess I could make this my blog :)

Steelers won by the way.
    sigpic
    I'm Back.

Comment

pats still looked solid... actually, there really aren't any scarey teams this year. chargers, colts, steelers... all meh. haven't watched any cowboys games yet.

Comment

A few early observations:

I'm surprised Tennessee is 2-0 despite trouble at QB and no notable WRs.

The Chargers still look rusty; maybe they should have taken the preseason seriously to prepare for the regular season.

Dallas looks scary good.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Brady getting hurt really let the wind out of alot of people's sails. I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out. Wouldn't it be marvelous if the Pats go from offensive juggernaught to staunch defensive force in one season. My prediction is the Pat's get to the second round of the playoffs before getting dispatched. Given their reversal in fortunes this season that'd be about the best I could hope for I think.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I have been a dallas fan for a long time and I thought that they looked really good against the browns.

Looking forward to stomping the eagles tonight...
            <Fingers Crossed>
            |TG-8th Mercs|*New to TG? Start here*Become a Supporting Member

Comment

Lets see here where to start.....

AFC breakdown

New England has played two sub par teams in KC and the Jets so I would hold your enthusiasm for right now. That defense is old and thin and I personally don't think it will hold up the entire year. Belichek (sp?) is keeping Cassell's plays very conservative right now and when it comes down to him having to actually win a game for them will tell you what kind of season they may have. I think they will still make the playoffs. Watch out for Buffalo in this division, they can run the football, play great defense and their special teams are above average with Roscoe Parrish.

Steelers are good but their schedule is brutal hardest in the league of any team. It will come down to injuries for them. If Ben can stay healthy and right now he is banged up with a separated shoulder and took a beating in that Sun night game. If they are healthy going into the playoffs then I think this is a team to watch to go deep in the playoffs.

Indy Colts will bounce back but their defense is questionable and this is even with Bob Sanders and Dwight Freeney so they need to get that straightened out ASAP

SD Chargers got screwed and they are definitely better than 0-2 and they will bounce back and make the playoffs. Denver won't keep this up for very long and they will start to fade in the middle of the season. My prediction is Shanahan gets fired after this season.

I will do my NFC breakdown later :)
              sigpic

Comment

Buffalo does look good. I'm more afraid of them than the Jets.

Pats have a pretty easy schedule.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Not a huge NFL fan. But it looks like the NFC East is one of the tougher conferences.

Dallas, Giants and Eagles all look pretty good. Washington suck but they did beat the Saints.

Personally I like the Skins and Minnesota. Peterson is a monster.
                  Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                  - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                  - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                  - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                  - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                  - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                  - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by BandaidBandit View Post
                    lol, well i guess there isnt many/any football fans here. I guess I could make this my blog :)

Steelers won by the way.
                    Well of course they did. We've won the last nine games between us if I remember right. This Sunday it's the Eagles I believe. I haven't really payed any attention to the Eagles so I've no idea how it'll turn out. Week after is the Ravens. (I'm going to that game actually. Monday Night Football at Heinz Field is pretty intense I've heard. Only been to one game before and it was on like some odd day like thursday.) I don't see any problem with them. Should be a good game though. :)
                    Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is deadly.

Blank stares of broken men...

Comment

First off...how in the world did u get tickets. 2nd, the eagles are very good. They played Dallas and lost, but after a long hard fought game. It's gonna be close. Eagles are a passing team, Steelers a running team.
                      sigpic
                      I'm Back.

Comment

Originally posted by BandaidBandit View Post
                        First off...how in the world did u get tickets. 2nd, the eagles are very good. They played Dallas and lost, but after a long hard fought game. It's gonna be close. Eagles are a passing team, Steelers a running team.

Honestly I've no idea. It's never been hard for us to get a hold of tickets. Lucky I guess.
                        If the Eagles are indeed good, it'll be a good game.
                        Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is deadly.

Blank stares of broken men...

Comment

The skins are where it at.

Then again, I guess its just home-team fanboyism.

They aren't that good a team, but their games are awsome!

Comment

Dallas for the win. I'll be keeping my eye on Favre too.

Comment

What a surprising, disappointing, utterly disgusting, disastrous Sunday.

First off, Steelers=FAIL
                              8 sacks in 1 game (where 6 came within 7 plays) is not a recipe for success. Defense was maybe ok. But the O-line was in desperate need of some communication. Very, very disappointed in that loss as they could of done much better.

Miami beat New England. What else needs to be said other than, they miss Brady. Not that Cassel isn't good. But Brady is Brady. He makes everyone else on the team play better.

Dallas, even though it was far from a perfect game, came out on top of the Packers...against my wishes. Packers, as the commentators said, ran out of gas in the last quarter. Visibly fatigued, Green Bay was subject to constant pounding by Dallas' explosive running backs. On the bright side, Green Bay shut down Owens (2-17 i think), but in the process, left everyone else open.

Those were the games I was keeping an eye on this week and what I thought about them.
                              sigpic
                              I'm Back.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...