Acronyms, you need to be carefull

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acronyms, you need to be carefull

We had two political parties here in Canada merge in to one. The name of the parties was the Progressive Conservative and Reform / Alliance Party. So in their first public statement after they merged they named themselves the Conservative Reform Alliance Party. They quickly changed their name to just the Conservative Party once a reporter mentioned what the acronym for their name was going to be C.R.A.P.

The funny thing is they are now the ruling party here in Canada.

The base I work at had the Service Battalion split into two, with the new names going to be Service Battalion and General Service Battalion. Service battalion has 4 companies called Supply Coy, Maintenance Coy, Transport Coy and Admin Coy. Since they did not have the man power to maintain 4 separate Coy in each new Battalion, they combined them. Service Batallion kept the leadership from Maintenance and Admin coy, to make two Coys called M&S Coy and A&T Coy. While the new General Service Battalion got to keep the other Coy's leadership making, S&M Coy and T&A Coy.

All I can remember is having the CO of GS Battalion calling out drill on a parade in front of the whole Brigade of 3000 people, yelling S&M COY Attention. While watching the infantry on the same parade trying not to laugh.

GS Battalion is now disbanded and joined with Service Battalion.

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Re: Acronyms, you need to be carefull

LOL. Too bad this isn't in the General section where the rest of TG can enjoy the humor. ;) (The subject caught my attention as I was skimming New Posts. I usually don't look hard at the game sections for games I don't play.)
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
      LOL. Too bad this isn't in the General section where the rest of TG can enjoy the humor. ;) (The subject caught my attention as I was skimming New Posts. I usually don't look hard at the game sections for games I don't play.)
      Your right I should have posted it there.Is it possible to get some one to move it?

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Comment

Canada no longer has a Liberal party in power?

I guess I should reconsider immigration.
        "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
        Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
          Canada no longer has a Liberal party in power?

I guess I should reconsider immigration.
          Wait for it..we have an election in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Masterjack View Post
            Wait for it..we have an election in a few weeks.
            That seemed like a vague statement I made, it could be interpreted both ways...

So to clarify (just to be sure), I meant it in the sense of "if the Liberal party is no longer in power, then maybe I WON'T try to immigrate to Canada". :P
            "But way back where I come from, we never mean to bother. We don't like to make our passions other peoples' concern." -Dar Williams
            Former Captain of the 55th Infantry Division

Comment

I want to be a standing member of the T&A Coy.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spulat View Post
                That seemed like a vague statement I made, it could be interpreted both ways...

So to clarify (just to be sure), I meant it in the sense of "if the Liberal party is no longer in power, then maybe I WON'T try to immigrate to Canada". :P
                Their conservatives are still rather liberal by our standards...
                |TG-6th|Belhade
                "I am actually looking forward to watching Jon and Kate plus 8." - Dirtboy

Comment

Originally posted by Belhade View Post
                  Their conservatives are still rather liberal by our standards...
                  Thats too bad...

|TG-IRR|

Comment

Both of our "conservatives" and "liberals" are rather middle of the road compared to most other countries. If you wanted to get into it, a conservative party from England would be something like the Constitution party or the American Patriot Party here, or some other ultra-conservative group.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                    <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                    DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Decades ago, the US Air Force came up with this schedule for doing maintenance on its airframes and supporting equipment. After a few years they didnt care for it or it didnt fit the bill. I am not real sure on how it came to pass, I just know the Air Force dropped the program.

Not long after after the Air Force dropped the program, the US Navy, also in need of a program to schedule its maintanence, adopted the program. It calls for daily, weekly, monthly and annual or bi annual scheduled maintenance. In its infinite wisdom, wit called this new program Preventive Maintenance Schedule or PMS. Image if you will, a room full of 18-20 year old guys in their introduction to the US Navy's maintenance program, snickering at PMS. The Army uses a similar program, but took a page from the Navy and calls it Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services or PMCS.

|TG-IRR|

Comment

I always found it funny that the sales program used for selling things to customers at my last job was called the Point of Sale system. Or P.O.S. system for short. It really lived up to that one I tell you.

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
                        ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

POS is a pretty standard industry acronym referring to the hardware and software used in anything that resembles a cash register.
                          Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
                            POS is a pretty standard industry acronym referring to the hardware and software used in anything that resembles a cash register.
                            Yes and they are often times Peaces of S--- as their name details...

I had a School I went to that wanted to rename itself because of the two middle schools one was Hills and Dales (7th & 8th) the other was Highlands (5th & 6th)... A little to close in name for some to be able to tell apart.

Well the leading name was Pathways Middle School until people realized the initials, so they renamed it Crossroads Middle instead.

~ Draken

Comment

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back comes to mind.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X