Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XTAC: Tactical Planner for FPS/RTS

Hi,

I hope this post will be helpful for everyone here.

I'm one of the developers of XTAC which is a tactical planner for gamers (video games, paintball, airsoft...). It works under Windows XP and Vista but is currently in beta.

As this software is 100% free, please don't see in this post a hidden advertising. We just want to know if this kind of software could be useful for you guys (and girls) and in what way we could improve it to fit your needs.

In the next days we'll also release a free server in order for everyone to discover the real-time collaborative mode.

Feel free to download it and tell me what you think : tacticalcoders.com

Thanks

Re: XTAC: Tactical Planner for FPS/RTS

www.tacticalcoders.com

Welcome to TG im sure some one will find this very useful. If you need some testers let us know :)
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

I will give it a try.

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
      The BigC

Comment

This looks very promising! Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking for something similar to ATC that was more userfriendly for planning game strategies for Company of Heroes and other RTS games with my buddies. ATC worked well for BF2, but I just couldn't figure out how to use it for other games. Hoping this is the one.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalRoach View Post
          Hoping this is the one.
          We hope too!

This software was originally created for my clan (Clan DGSE). It was specific to FPS because DGSE is a former Rainbow Six & Ghost Recon team. Several month later a friend of mine told me he was interested in this idea. But he is mainly a RTS player. Then we had to find a way to be less game specific than before.

Now XTAC 2.0 looks like the thing we wanted to make: multilevel maps, custom icons and sounds, drag'n'drop symbols, simple procedure to create a tactic from an image...

I'm really interested in your feedback :)

Comment

I'm looking over the page now. I think I'll mess around with it for a bit, looks cool.

Comment

This time I guess XTAC will interest more people!

We have released the final version of XTAC 2.0 and the FREE standalone server that comes with it. XTAC FREE SERVER is a 6 slots server to be used with XTAC. There are a few things to do to get it to work:

- download XTAC 2.0 (tacticalcoders.com/downloads.asp)
              - download XTAC FREE SERVER (tacticalcoders.com/downloads.asp)
              - register your team (tacticalcoders.com/hq_register.asp)

When your team is registered you can log into your tacticalcoders.com account and invite your friends to join your team. Anyone with a tacticalcoders.com account will be able to log into your XTAC SERVER.

Registration is FREE and we don't steal nor resell personal informations (!). Registration just helps us to see how XTAC is used (from which countries, time...).

Note: Sorry for the links (I don't have the right to insert hyperlinks yet).

Oh... and YES we are waiting for your feedback :)

Comment

Hey Clovis, I'm trying to use the program and I'm not a computer savvy. I may hit you up with some questions on how to use the program adequately later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

Comment

Looks like something i've been looking for!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalRoach View Post
                    I may hit you up with some questions on how to use the program adequately later tonight or sometime tomorrow.
                    No problem, you can contact me at : contact {at} tacticalcoders {dot} com. We are currently working on the documentation but it is a looooong way...

For proper online use of XTAC FREE SERVER and XTAC :

1. Register your team on tacticalcoders.com. Log in then go to 'USERS ACCESS' to invite your friends (this creates an account for them and send them an welcome email with their parameters).

2. Then ensure required TCP ports are opened on your computer/firewall:

TCP 80 (HTTP)
                    The TCP port choosen in the server interface (9800-9810)

3. Start your server.

4. On the XTAC client side click on 'XTAC Server > Connect to...'. Enter the server's IP/Port and your tacticalcoders.com email/password.

5. Normally, you should be connected to the server. Open a tactic then click on the "Send tactic" button at the bottom of the window. Everyone will receive the map in seconds.

6. Work together. When statisfied with the tactic just save it on your hard drive for the next session.

If anyone need help, I'm available.
                    Last edited by Clovis; 10-02-2008, 04:17 PM.

Comment

I tried this a while ago (last year) but found the top-down images for CSS maps very lacking. I also had trouble connecting to the server to download new map images and to share my own.

I'll give it another whirl and see if it's improved any.

Edit:

I am unable to register a new account with the website. Every time I try and register one, a login box pops up and does not accept my login details. If you guys could fix it, that would be nice.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Thanks for your feedback Acreo Aeneas. The first version of XTAC was really primitive compared to the new one.

The problem you are seeing is only related to IE. If you want to try immediately just register and login with FireFox. I'm investigating this bug...

EDIT : OK I found the guilty. IE is now compatible. Thanks for finding this one!
                        Last edited by Clovis; 10-07-2008, 03:31 AM. Reason: Bug corrected

Comment

I was/am using Firefox 3.03.

I tried it 4 times before posting. I'll try it again later tonight.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Didn't see this bug with FF but that should work now, that was a security problem with an included file.

Our website was running with this bug for several days, thank you very much for that again! You've won unlimited support until I retire :)

Comment

We have also updated XTAC FREE SERVER because is was not possible to run it on an external IP. Everything should work fine now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X