Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix

Used it before and loved it.

Ready to sign up again. Where's the best deal? Anyone already signed up and want a referral bonus (if there is such a thing...)?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

This sounds like an Internet Call-Girl service. What are the rates?
    I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley
      This sounds like an Internet Call-Girl service. What are the rates?
      Are you serious? It's $20 a month for unlimited DVD rentals. Free shipping and you can have three DVDs checked out at a time... As long as you watch at least one movie a week, it's as cheap as most local rental places...
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

thats a good deal if you watch alot of movies

Comment

At $4/DVD at the local BallBusters, that means you break even at 5 rentals/month (easy to do) if you're Basic membership.

At the Basic level you can keep 3 out at a time -- so if you watch 3 movies a weekend, return them on Monday, by the next weekend you've got 3 new movies in your box.

That means at the Basic level you can rent 12 DVDs per month (12 x $4 per DVD) or $48 worth of rentals for $20.

...not a bad deal. AND it's easy.
          sigpic
          I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

My rental outlet of choice is the BitTorrent chain. ;)
            I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Riyker
              ...not a bad deal. AND it's easy.
              Yeah, and you can put movies in your queue whenever you want... Sometimes I'll be talking to people about a movie and they all look at me and say, in unison, "You've never seen that?". When that happens, you know you need to add the movie to your Netflix queue...

Example: Office Space. I've never seen it... I don't generally enjoy those type of stupid comedies, but this one seems to have obtained a certain type of cult status, so now I want to see it...

Originally posted by Bentley
              My rental outlet of choice is the BitTorrent chain
              That's fine for the latest releases, but you're not going to find any classics on there... You're not even going to be able to find last years hits on there...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

OK, I'm trying out WalMart's imitation Netflix service. It's a bit cheaper, and has almost as many movies (13,000 compared to Netflix's 15,000).
                Here's WalMart's pricing plan (with first month free):
                2 Movies out for $15.54

3 Movies out for $18.76

4 Movies out for $21.94
                I was REALLY impressed with Netflix, so unless WalMart really impresses me, I expect to switch back to Netflix after my free month... Capitalism is great, but WalMart scares me, and I buy from WalMart's competitors whenever feasible...
                Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

DONT DO WALMART! It sucks. My friend did it for 3 months. He would send all 3 movies that he got (he would copy them then send them back, repeat) back to Walmart. The first movie got there in a day, the second movie got there 2 weeks later and when he canceled his membership they still never got the 3rd movie back... but he sent them all out at the same time. Trust me Dave, dont try Walmart.

I cant believe you have never seen Office Space.. dude, that movie is like so fking funny.. its one of my top 5 best movies of all time. A movie I can sit and watch over and over and over again and it will never get old.

Comment

I've been doin NetFlix for almost 3 years, and I love it. It's so easy to watch the flix I want to see rather than having to browse f'n blockbuster and pretend like I wanna see a chick flick. Maybe every third DVD is scratched (especially kids flix), but a little disc fix and they usually are fine.

Go for it, and I'll do a referral with you if you want.
                    New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
                      Go for it, and I'll do a referral with you if you want.
                      You're the first person to take me up on this... What do you get, a free month or something? Let me try WalMart out for this free month, and then if I switch back to Netflix, I'll go through you...

Netflix used to offer better plans once you're a member for a certain amount of time, can you post those plans here, please? I couldn't find them anywhere on their site. It's probably members-only information...

I really like "4 out for $22", I hope Netflix is comparable...
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

what about return shipping charges?

Comment

Originally posted by Emanon
                          what about return shipping charges?
                          Postage paid evelopes.

There are NO shipping charges at all...

As long as you don't lose a movie, the only thing you pay is the monthly subscription rate. No late fees, but if you hold on to a movie, you are decreasing the value that you get from your monthly payment.
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Regarding Walmart.

Keep in mind that Walmart is one of the biggest censors of media entertainment in this country. Which in your case means that they certainly won't have nearly as wide a selection of movies as you would see on NetFlix.

Not to mention that you are feeding the beast by giving them your money.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
                              Regarding Walmart.

Keep in mind that Walmart is one of the biggest censors of media entertainment in this country. Which in your case means that they certainly won't have nearly as wide a selection of movies as you would see on NetFlix.

Not to mention that you are feeding the beast by giving them your money.
                              First of all, let me correct your statement: WalMart does not censor anything. It has standards for the products that it chooses to sell. The enormous retail power that WalMart possesses may make it seem like censorship, but any artist can choose to sell their work elsewhere...

2nd: NetFlix has a selection of just over 15,000 movies, while WalMart has just over 13,000. Not as big of a difference as you might think...

That said, you've hit on the reason why I plan to switch back to Netflix after this free month...
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X