Chrysler's new EVs in action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrysler's new EVs in action

I posted about Honda's and Chevy's new EVs, so I figured I would give Chrysler their share as well.

VIDEO: Chrysler's new EVs in action

I'm not really interested in the minivan, but the Jeep and sports car are interesting. I just really don't understand why they went with a car from Lotus to make the sports car. Do they not have the brains to make their own, so they just take another car and slap some batteries in it? This is pretty much the same car as the Tesla EV.

And again, we have to wait till late 2010 to see these on the road. What the hell?:row__684:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Chrysler's new EVs in action

I can see some serious benefits to a Jeep EV. With that instant full torque at 0 rpm, it would be an off-road beast! I really do like that application.

But, I can't believe they just ripped off the Lotus like that. You're right. Can't they make their own? Aside from a Dodge badge, they didn't even bother redesigning the exterior that much! It looks almost just like a Lotus Elise!
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
      I can see some serious benefits to a Jeep EV. With that instant full torque at 0 rpm, it would be an off-road beast!
      But without 4 wheel drive?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by P8riot View Post
        But without 4 wheel drive?
        What? It doesn't have 4 wheel drive? :O
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

What? It doesn't have 4 wheel drive? :O
          Sure doesn't look like it.
          sigpic

Comment

I can see some serious benefits to a Jeep EV. With that instant full torque at 0 rpm, it would be an off-road beast! I really do like that application.

But, I can't believe they just ripped off the Lotus like that. You're right. Can't they make their own? Aside from a Dodge badge, they didn't even bother redesigning the exterior that much! It looks almost just like a Lotus Elise!
            A loooong time ago when I had my Scout and was into 4WD vehicals there was a guy that built a prototype 4wd electric.

The torque was one really nice feature. Another was he could put power to the tire that needed it because each wheel had it's own motor. Plus you didn't have to worry about drive trains failing. Even if one motor broke you could get by on the other three.

The problem, as always, was the range. But for the 5 miles that beast could go it would do it very well. Nothing could stop it.
            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X