X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hero defined...

http://www.clermontyellow.accountsup.../UntilThen.swf

Re: hero defined...

Alot of respect here to those men over seas..

Comment

Just to play devil's advocate here; while I respect and appreciate our men and women in the armed forces who are protecting our country it just seems somehow wrong to romanticize war like that little clip is doing. War is sometimes a necessity and those folks fulfill a vital role for us all, but to make it look all touchy feely smacks too much of propaganda to me, because at the end of the day war is about people putting various sized holes in other people and there is nothing romantic about that. To quote Union General William T. Sherman, "War is Hell."
      Twisted Firestarter
      a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter
        To quote Union General William T. Sherman, "War is Hell."
        Yes it is, and our warriors are going to hell and back to defend our great nation and our way of life. THAT is romantic. That's why chicks dig Marines (I've heard that some dig soldiers and sailors and even the occasional airman, but this is only rumor. Not proven.)...

But this is not the Sandbox. If you don't have anything nice to say about this video, either take it to the Sandbox, or refrain from saying it.

Thanks!
        Last edited by CingularDuality; 01-15-2005, 01:32 AM. Reason: Removed comment. Sorry.
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

My Hats off to the men and women in the armed forces,they are my hero's. :icon7:
          Nice pics.
          Walk softly,and carry a big stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...