how to make mp3's into ringtones?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to make mp3's into ringtones?

I was curious if you can make any song into a ringtone? For example I found the instrumental to "If I was your vampire" by marilyn manson, the song with vocals is on the max payne soundtrack, and i know of a way to make the song an mp3 from youtube, with youtube converter, but is there a way then to make the song a ringtone for my Iphone, or am i ****e out of luck since apple probably doesn't allow this type of thing?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXkB-t1gW4o[/media]

plus i am not going to unlock or jail break my iphone, if anyone knows a way that is legal let me know, or that is approved by the peoples of the glorious nation of apple iphone let me know.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: how to make mp3's into ringtones?

Does the iPhone not let you just use .mp3 files as ringtones? I used to have to convert to a certain kind of file a few years ago with Verizon phones, but nowadays, every modern Verizon phone can just use mp3's as ringtones, including the one I have now. If it can't, it's not because it is technologically unable, but just because they want to make more $$$. If that's the case, I think that iTunes now has the ability to convert an mp3 into a ringtone for your iPhone. I think it costs like $1.99 or something.

Comment

Yeah! It's really easy. There might be other cheaper alternatives than this, but I've used "Xingtone" before. It's around $10-20 at most office supply and electronics stores. The program is good for ONE phone, but you pick the model of your phone, the carrier, and plug in your phone number. Then you have it open up an mp3, a cd, or even a DVD video! It makes a visible wave file that you can highlight portions of it to a certain limit (like 1 or 2 minutes), play it back to see if you like the clip. When you're satisfied, you just click something and it sends it your phone. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a bunch of ringtones and you can actually get ANYTHING you want for a ringtone. Great easy to use program.

http://xingtone.com/affiliate/index.html
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I used xingtone before as well, a long time ago.

This article just was posted the other day, and may help

Convert & Extract Audio from Videos

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

There's also SUPER to extract audio from video (nothing to do w/ my avatar name!).

http://cybernetnews.com/2006/10/13/s...deo-converter/

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Comment

http://www.iringer.net/

Nothing a Google search can't solve! ;) I didn't even have to include 'free' as a search term but this app is free.

This app should make it really easy to make a ringtone. It can take a youTube link and it converts the audio to the correct format and you can sync your ringtone through iTunes.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
              http://www.iringer.net/

Nothing a Google search can't solve! ;) I didn't even have to include 'free' as a search term but this app is free.

This app should make it really easy to make a ringtone. It can take a youTube link and it converts the audio to the correct format and you can sync your ringtone through iTunes.
              thanks sarc, i used that program along with http://www.youconvertit.com

and was able to dl a song from youtube, convert it to MP3, and then use Iringer, my comp at work is very slow, and crappy (the desktop tower still says IBM in the upper left hand corner), and when i have Itunes/syncing my iphone its even slower, so with that trying to fade it out etc, its kind of tough but never the less i i made a 28.90000 ringtone, i recommend the program its easy, and you can create up to a 30 second ringtone that plays over and over.

I am will be setting it as my default ringtone soon enough, if anyone else uses this let me know.
              Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
              NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Cool! Glad you found one that works for you. Thanks for letting us know how it works too. I might check that one out someday if I ever get a phone that I can connect to a pc or has microSD.

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                  Cool! Glad you found one that works for you. Thanks for letting us know how it works too. I might check that one out someday if I ever get a phone that I can connect to a pc or has microSD.
                  i am also going to post this in the hardware forums, because at first i didn't know if it was relevant, but since bamboo posted, it must be.
                  Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                  NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Haha, video is no longer avaiable
                    While you have all those programs loaded up could you cut this song for me real quick?
                    Its the MP3 song on the right side
                    http://www.pandemicstudios.com/merce.../downloads.php

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                      Haha, video is no longer avaiable
                      While you have all those programs loaded up could you cut this song for me real quick?
                      Its the MP3 song on the right side
                      http://www.pandemicstudios.com/merce.../downloads.php
                      Haha. I just checked out that song. That would in fact make a GREAT ringtone!

Comment

Lol - yeah!
                        sigpic

Comment

Nevermind, I got it to work. I had to use both that program above and Super to convert it small enough so it would work on my Samsung Sync

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

www.mobile17.com worked pretty well the times I used it. Depending on your plan, you might get charged. I think I got charged as much as a picture message, so it was a quarter a song for me, beats the 2 bucks Verizon wanted.

Also, bitpim is amazing. Allows you to view any file on your phone and change things, can be dangerous if you start screwing around though. I easily put pictures, ringtones, and videos onto my Voyager using it. Otherwise, I'd have to buy the ringtones. Its annoying how you can put your own music onto the phone, but still have to buy your ringtone.

Comment

Yup. The biggest scam of them all is that you can buy a song on iTunes for $0.99, but a 20 second clip of the same song can cost around $3.00! How messed up is that?!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X