• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miramar Air Show!

Got a few questions for ya:

Do you live in Southern California?

Do you love air shows?

Is it already too obvious by the title?

I go almost every year, but I'm not sure I'll be able to make it this year. If I do, I'll definately come back with pictures for you guys :) I encourage anyone able to go to go! Admission is free, and it's a great experience. Did I mention the Blue Angels are back in town this year?

http://www.MiramarAirShow.com

| |

Re: Miramar Air Show!

That looks sweet!
    I wish i still lived in socal D:

Comment

I have never seen the Blue Angels in person... but last year in at Charelston AFB, The Thunderbirds came to the show.... Man they were awesome!! My store was a couple miles from the air field too :D I got to see them practicing for over a week before the air show :) They actually did this move where they all fly straight up, tight and close with the smoke going... then they all turned and dove straight down and planed out right over my store... !!! .. god knows how low they were. But I can tell you this, the smoke trails from them settled into the parking lot in front of the building o.O Simply amazing.
      Dizlor

Comment

My office is near the air base, and I see and hear F18 and various choppers fly by all the time. Yesterday I got to see them practice (F18 flying in formation with some kind of WW2 prop plane). :D

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

The Angels are extremely cool. When I was little, my dad used to take me to Andrew's Airforce Base for the open house and air shows every year.

Comment

Originally posted by tau_neutrino View Post
            My office is near the air base, and I see and hear F18 and various choppers fly by all the time. Yesterday I got to see them practice (F18 flying in formation with some kind of WW2 prop plane). :D
            Yeah, I saw that over my house, as well as the "mid air refueling station" 5 F/A-18s and a KC-130 tanker. They did a few passes over for the show on Friday.

| |

Comment

Originally posted by Gogeta View Post
              I have never seen the Blue Angels in person... but last year in at Charelston AFB, The Thunderbirds came to the show.... Man they were awesome!!
              If you think the Thunderbirds are cool, then you will crap yourself when you see the Angels. Definitely a much better show, but the Blue Angels don't use smoke like the T-birds.
              Become a supporting member!
              Buy a Tactical Duck!
              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Thunderbirds > Angels...

:p
                Skud

Comment

Originally posted by TheSkudDestroyer View Post
                  Thunderbirds > Angels...

:p
                  LOL! You're funny!
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Gotta agree with cing here. Angels>Thunderbirds.
                    Not to mention the thunderbirds look like planes dressed in clown suits.

Comment

thunder birds FTW
                      doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I've seen both more times than I can remember.

Angels are the team to beat. The smaller and less imposing appearance of the Falcon doesn't help the 'birds IMO..

I actually enjoy Team Aeroshell probably more than th' 'birds..

Oh yeah - I am not biased or anything :p

edit: Darn it! I forgot TG puts those silly watermarks on there!
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh yeah! And Fat Albert rules! The Blue Angel C-130 with the JATO rockets strapped to it! That's always my favorite part of the show!
                          [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLFB7q8tyd8[/media]
                          [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHhAfCPOsQc[/media]
                          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                            Oh yeah! And Fat Albert rules! The Blue Angel C-130 with the JATO rockets strapped to it! That's always my favorite part of the show!
                            [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLFB7q8tyd8[/media]
                            [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHhAfCPOsQc[/media]
                            Go for a ride in it ;)
                            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...