annoying amount of rick rolls lately

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annoying amount of rick rolls lately

has anyone else noticed this lately? i have, funny at first, like a year ago... now its just plain stupid
    powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Re: annoying amount of rick rolls lately

Yeah, I noticed it too. In the past three months, there was three rick-rolls in the 2142 forum. They don't happen that often but they do.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I haven't really found them funny in months, but my friend just got me really really good last night. Hadn't talked to him in awhile, and shot him an IM about a party we're having, and immediately sends me a link to youtube. I'm just like, oh cool, probably something cool about a band or something. Nope, straight to rick asltey. Very simple, but found it very funny for some reason.

Comment

I haven't been looking at the 2142 forums, but I had no idea this was still going on anywhere. The last one I saw was in February, I think.
        "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
        -- Red Forman

Comment

Its not even funny anymore
          But yeah, i hear rick-rolls weekly

Comment

weekly? i wish, its multiple times per day =( oh well, i need to make a rick roll detector, kinda like a virus scan, for rick rolls
            powered by Windows 7

. . . .

Comment

There might a Greasemonkey script to block or notify you of rickroll links.

edit: Here's one.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

damnit tau! lol

- -

Comment

lol.

Rick rolls are like anything else on the internet (or in life for that matter). If you stumble upon something that is too good to be true, then it is. The only reason to get upset about Rick rolls is because you were amongst those that were gullible enough to click on it (myself included).

C'est la vie.

Comment

It wasn't funny a year ago....why would this be the case today?

-- I always wanted TG to be different than anyone else out there. We need to be unique in what we offer and how we play, if not we are simply competing with everyone else. --
                    The BigC

Comment

It was funny a year ago, and it's still funny.

Problem is the presentation. The BF3 Extender Trailer Rick Roll in BF2142 General Discussion was hilarious. Why? Because it was masterfully presented, and took a lot of work -- it fooled a lot of people, and people took it in stride and had a laugh.
                      There was an equal Rick Roll thread, a few months prior, made by an idiot who was screaming for an admin, and typed like a 2-year-old gorilla -- the entirety of the 2142 community mocked him, and not one person found the thread funny.

I personally like the song, but the point is to really work on fooling people before showing the rick roll. The longer you take to set up a joke, the funnier it is. Shurikane made a smiliar rick roll thread in BF2142, and it too was funny because he spent a lot of work to set it up and he fooled a lot of people. Most people are annoyed at rick roll and rick rollers in general because the majority of them put half a second of work into it.

Comment

whats sad about this, is that song is getting more fame now then it did back when it came out.
                        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                        -Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                          whats sad about this, is that song is getting more fame now then it did back when it came out.
                          Yeah but I doubt he's making a dime...

As to the Ricks... I agree with Zhohar on this one (in part). Some joke are well worth it if you set it up right. Most as of late have been EPIC FAILS, the BF3 one in the 2142 forums would be the only real exception in my mind, though the one by Shurikane was done rather good as well.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the song myself, but it works for a joke if the setup is correct. Nothing wrong with a little humor once and a while.

~ Draken

Comment

Whats a rick roll?

Comment

A rick roll is a joke played where you say that this is a link to a super cool [ whatever ] when in reality it is a link to a crappy music video.

In short it is a prank that can get annoying if done wrong.

Examples:
                              DUDE YOU HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS! Some guy from Finland just invented a car that get 100 miles per gallon. New Car Link

Take a look at this... Watermelons + TNT = FUN!!! Watermelon fun

Or a better example: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...d-trailer.html ~ Real Link

~Draken

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X