Honda unveils V4 motorcycle concept

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honda unveils V4 motorcycle concept

Posting this since I know there are a lot of TG bike lovers out there, and to me this looks like it could one day be a pretty sweet bike:

Honda unveils V4 motorcycle concept

I love the concept of hubless wheels in all kinds of autos. Just makes them look like they are floating or something.

Really hope they keep going with some of this design on future models........:icon6:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Honda unveils V4 motorcycle concept

Looks very nice. I like the body, but I am not sure about the wheels.

The tail reminds me some what of a Ducati.

Comment

I don't understand how the tires work. Is there a hole in the bottom of that fender where the rubber contacts the road?
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I was wondering the same thing, and what you said is the only thing I can come up with.

Then again, this is just a concept, so maybe there is no rubber in this model.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

The Engineers are like.. "Damn... Wheels gotta touch the road?... Shizzle!.. It looked Sweet though.."
          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

That looks like some crap drawn and colored by a bored student. What good is a wild design if it's impossible to implement?
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

It seems like a too futureistic design
              |TG-31st| WarPig1292

Comment

Well the body is practical and very sleek, but the tire issue breaks the edge of realism, and kills the design... It seems unfinished...

~ Draken

Comment

after careful studying of this concept I think it had to someone that was bored. One if the fender was cut out for the tire to actually touch the road then it is going to have to be a big enough hole in that fender on the bottom to allow the motorcycle to lean while cornering. I don't see a big enough hole for that in these pictures, actually none whatsoever. Secondly, if it did have a hole in the fender and it was large enough how is the wheel or tire propelled to move forward? It would have to have gears or a belt to drive the wheel and tires. If so the gear or belt would then be making contact with the road surface as well which means fast wears outs. Only other possible thought is the tire is moved by another wheel inside that just sits tightly against the tire. So the tire is actually making contact with the road and another wheel/pulley in the swing arm area.
                  Which THEN brings me to the point of the swing arm, it looks like it is a solid design including the front forks. So many things are actually wrong with the design of that bike but seriously it could work if a person had the money to make it work.

Comment

Hubless wheels on a motorcycle look like they'd be an incredible maintenance nightmare. Plus the way they have that 'thing' against the interior wall of the hub is just looking for some kind of minor damage to occur and- next thing you know you're grinding your face three inches deep through flesh and bone across a hundred yards of asphalt.

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium - 235 View Post
                      Hubless wheels on a motorcycle look like they'd be an incredible maintenance nightmare. Plus the way they have that 'thing' against the interior wall of the hub is just looking for some kind of minor damage to occur and- next thing you know you're grinding your face three inches deep through flesh and bone across a hundred yards of asphalt.
                      As a rider myself, Id have to agree. Motorcycles arent really that expensive to maintain, but god help you if you crack or damage a cowling bad enough to have to replace it. That bike looks like it would be a maintenance and repair nightmare. In addition to that, the exposed surface of the wheel looks very small, which any sport bike rider knows is a BAD thing, as taking sharp curves (i.e. having to lean) requires a decent amount of rubber-to-road, which that housing just wouldnt provide. Nice in sci-fi theory, but impractical for actual use.

Plus it just looks frumpy. Cing hit the description right on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                        I was wondering the same thing, and what you said is the only thing I can come up with.

Then again, this is just a concept, so maybe there is no rubber in this model.
                        M'eh - It's a concept..

No engineer was involved in the design - only an artist at this stage, which is why it probably looks incomplete to me.
                        sigpic

Comment

Back in 2001, Honda came out with this much more realistic concept. I don't think they ever made it, though. I liked it at the time...
                          [media]http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/prototype-spy-concept/Honda-2001-Xaxis.jpg[/media]
                          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                            Back in 2001, Honda came out with this much more realistic concept. I don't think they ever made it, though. I liked it at the time...
                            [media]http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/prototype-spy-concept/Honda-2001-Xaxis.jpg[/media]
                            At least with this design you can see the tires War.mongeR :) and the swing arm actually can be seen and moves freely. The other bike would be a strictly straight road on perfectly smooth surface due to the fact the swing arm looks solid, front too. That would be a rough ride on the can for an extended period of time.
                            Definitely no engineers were involved with the latest concept.

Comment

Maybe the concept "bike" is in fact a concept boat! :p
                              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X