Aliens!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliens!!

Talking to a few buddies tonight and they asked me if I ever heard of the aliens that were supposed to coming to Earth on October 14th. Of course I told them "NO". After speaking with them I did some searching around and found out that a person called Blossom Goodchild or something like that predicts a 2,000 mile broad alien space craft is to enter into Earth's atmosphere and hover somewhere above the Alabama sky. The aliens are apparently calling themselves the Galactic Federation of Light which is supposed to made up of a bunch of different alien life forms, about 40% are humanoid and the rest who knows what. The purpose is to let the human race on Earth know they are not alone and some other stuff.

I just find it amazing how many actually believe in this. Looks to me if anything of that size was coming toward Earth astrologers or whoever would have already seen it and let people know by now, not unless their advanced alien technology is cloaking the ship(sarcasm). Which then why if they come in peace would they cloak their ship(sarcasm again), that sounds to me like and invasion and we better start getting Will Smith prepared to kick alien butt. Only thing I can say, I will probably kill over if I wake up on the 14th and stare into the sky to see a ship hovering over my head that size. I always told people that I believe that universe was big and the possibility of alien life forms to be on other planets with the so many billions of stars in the sky. I figure if out of the billions of stars 1% has a planet orbiting that star then maybe then another 1% may actually contain life, that is a huge possibility but still I never said anything about aliens visiting Earth, just a statement that other life may be out there. Stupid to think we may be alone int he universe.

Thought this would get some people rolling after reading this and then if they searched around and read some of the stuff being said about it.

Re: Aliens!!

Always gotta be a Southern US State to get the crazy alien visits..
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Mind recording the landing for us? Then we can plot how to take over the alien spacecraft and do some real exploration of space. ;)
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Any civilization capable of interstellar travel will have lots of resources, both from its own system's dead planets and from the dead systems around it. So no real need to trade with other systems like ours. So why would they come?

My theory is to make sure an upstart civilization doesn't "borg" them by surprise. Recall that Star Trek's Kirk was a borg in his own right, constantly shoving the Federation's values down the throats of civilizations he didn't approve of.

Were I an alien, I'd post a sentinel in the star systems of all infant civilizations, with a finger on the trigger, ready to terminate if it turned into an interstellar busybody.
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Well, if these aliens decide to hover above Alabama in a 2,000 mile wide ship then I would think most of the South-Eastern U.S. is going to see this thing come in.
          I mean the stuff I read up on GFL as it is referred to made me laugh, it sounded so much like a video game that some person had came up with. I still wonder if it isn't a game that is in design?? A one site they had the different types of species that were in the GFL organization and how long they have been in the GFL. The GFL had started up 4.5 million years ago and then other alien races started joining 3 million years ago and have had the most recent alien races join just 3 years ago.
          Really, you guys should read up on this stuff and get a good laugh. I think we need to make a game out of this in some way though cause it just has everything right there, aliens of different races, even those that look like horses.

Comment

Why Alabama though? Seriously. Every redneck in the state is gonna be shooting at them. Plus, if it's 2000 miles wide, regardless of how high in the atmosphere it is, it's going to stretch over 2/3 of the continental US, so it being in the sky "over alabama" is a useless claim. It'd be over most of us.

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
              Were I an alien, I'd post a sentinel in the star systems of all infant civilizations, with a finger on the trigger, ready to terminate if it turned into an interstellar busybody.
              So you're saying that if we start pushing into space, we can say "bye bye" to our loving world (and the human race)?

How cruel! :row__787:
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                Why Alabama though? Seriously. Every redneck in the state is gonna be shooting at them. Plus, if it's 2000 miles wide, regardless of how high in the atmosphere it is, it's going to stretch over 2/3 of the continental US, so it being in the sky "over alabama" is a useless claim. It'd be over most of us.
                Heh thats what I was thinking, only thing that would come out of some outer galaxy visits to earth is war when they try and come in peace and rednecks shoot them down.. But yea where the hell did this rumor/theory or whatever you want to call it come from??

On another part: 2012.. Any believers?
                "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
                'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

Haha
                  Tell your friends to lay off the drugs! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Fenian420 View Post
                    Heh thats what I was thinking, only thing that would come out of some outer galaxy visits to earth is war when they try and come in peace and rednecks shoot them down.. But yea where the hell did this rumor/theory or whatever you want to call it come from??

On another part: 2012.. Any believers?
                    No, not unless I see it with my own eyes.

If it does happen, Chicago is going to die first. The average citizen here can't own (and doesn't own) any firearms. The gangs are too undertrained so they won't last in a firefight. The police would be in a upheaval and super slow in responding.

And 2000 miles? Come on, this isn't Independence Day. :icon_lol:
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      Hey Ferris, ever stop to think that maybe rednecks ARE the aliens? That maybe they are coming to pick up their buds after a long observational stay?
                      Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                      - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                      - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                      - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                      - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                      - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                      - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                        Hey Ferris, ever stop to think that maybe rednecks ARE the aliens? That maybe they are coming to pick up their buds after a long observational stay?
                        :icon_lol:
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                          They're here on a hunting trip! (Redneck is to human what camo is to natural flora.) :D

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Hmmm, if they are picking up their redneck cousins then I will probably see you all some other time, lol. It claimed to be centering over Alabama. Also, if you guys did read any thing about this from different sites they claim they will have a force field type device to keep people from trying to damage their ship.
                            I still find this very funny about the aliens. As for the 2012 theory I am not so sure about. I had seen and read that the Mayans had predicted almost all of Earths major events in history, so if this holds true then we are goners or the Mayans just got tired of looking into the future and decided to stop on that date. I know I wouldn't fool with looking into the future, I am not going to be there so why should I worry about it? I also heard that May 16,2012 was another significant date. A lot of the sites I seen about the 10-14-8 alien invasion speculate that 12-21-12 is a date that the Earth is left behind by the human race only to start exploring the heavens as well. I don't see that happening with our technology in the next 4 years.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

How long until it happens?

Anyone read Marooned in Realtime by Vernor Vinge? It's an account of people who "missed" the singularity. Amazon link with referral set to TG:

Order from Amazon.com

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X