X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Goo

Has anyone seen this game yet?

http://2dboy.com/

It looks like a much sillier and more fun version of Fantastic Contraption!

Plus it has social features to compare yourself to your friends! Check out the reviews on the website...

It's available on Steam ($19.99), or you can buy it for a penny more right on their website. Also if you have an internet connected Wii, it's available on WiiWare for 1500 points (or $15.00).

One note is if you buy it from their website, it looks like you can register it on steam and download mac/linux versions to play when they are ready. So a direct purchase from the website is the most lenient way to purchase (copyright-wise) and probably nets them the most money.

I'm going to buy this when I get home this evening so I'll look into the social features and let you know what it's all about.
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Re: World of Goo

What? Why are you showing me cool games? I can't afford to buy anymore games! We're moving to a new house.. oh my...

<sniff> I needs it. <sniff>
    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Fantastic Contraption was epic

On Topic: that looks epic. But I'm saving money for wrath and L4D.......and college...
      This is where I write words.

Comment

World of Goo demo: http://2dboy.com/2008/10/15/demo-of-...goo-available/

Downloaded and about to install.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Cool :)
          No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

FYI, if you want it on Steam now, you have to buy it there:

I bought the game on your website, but I want to activate it on Steam, is that possible?

If you bought the game before the release date, yes, you can activate the game on Steam with the magic key we sent you via email (the folks at Valve are currently working on this and say it will be done in about a week). From now on, if you want to get the Steam version, simply buy the game through Steam.
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
              FYI, if you want it on Steam now, you have to buy it there:
              Yeah, Cing is right. If you want it on steam, either buy it direct and add it as a shortcut, or buy it from steam.

Comment

On sale for 5-bucks... Just grabbed the demo - it's really fun!

Comment

This is the time to buy it on Steam if you have not played World Of Goo.

Comment

Its a fun game to kill time, but in that area i like I-fluid better.

Comment

this game rocks.. .played it through over a weekend