If You Could...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If You Could...

...change one thing at |TG|, what would it be? I think mine would be requiring SM to be in IHS's ('cept Irregs). No flaming others ideas please.

Re: If You Could...

Originally posted by Fighter View Post
    ...change one thing at |TG|, what would it be? I think mine would be requiring SM to be in IHS's ('cept Irregs). No flaming others ideas please.
    That would be my thing to change as well. Don't think I would change anything else.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

As much as I understand where you guys are coming from, I also see the flip side. The ability to be in an IHS isnt just based on your skill or how much people like you; the SM requirement proves your willingness to support the community.

If I could change one thing, it would be the filesize on the sig images. Not the dimensions, just the filesize.

Comment

I’m with Ferris on this one. The SM is all inclusive and open to any who support the community. Not all TGers play shooters or squad based games or want to be a part of an IHS. To put a pre-requisite on membership would change TG into a guild and that brings its own set of problems, of which exclusivity is one part.

I would like to see a link to the TG stuff on Café press or other TG apparel. I wore at TG T-shirt to the world cyber games when they came to San Francisco in 2004 and I got a lot of nods and feedback from the crowd (I was a spectator only.)

Sarcoma
        Sarcoma.

Comment

wish all these sylvan ads would go away :(

lol
          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
          -Vulcan

Comment

They can.....become a SM!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
              wish all these sylvan ads would go away :(

lol
              Ad-block it Trooper, its what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                As much as I understand where you guys are coming from, I also see the flip side. The ability to be in an IHS isnt just based on your skill or how much people like you; the SM requirement proves your willingness to support the community.

If I could change one thing, it would be the filesize on the sig images. Not the dimensions, just the filesize.
                I see your point. The sigs also could use the file size upgrade.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I would change is so that TG is the testing group for battlefield 3 beta ! (whenever BF3 beta starts, the fabled BF3)

Comment

I like supporting TG, and $80 a year is nothing compared to what I get out of TG on a daily basis.

If there was one thing I would change, it would little kids making constant posts trying to change something I already like. :row__736::icon5:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                      You know, I think when we made the sig restrictions, we had a few people that were still on dialup. I wonder if we have even a single person on dialup now? I know we have a few people deployed overseas on less than steller connections, but I think if TG had a "Lite" version for them and for mobile browsers, that upping the file size for sigs is feasible.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                        If there was one thing I would change, it would little kids making constant posts trying to change something I already like. :row__736::icon5:
                        Why do you have to hate me? :D

Comment

"Ask not what your community can do for you, ask what you can do for your community"
                          Your sig.
                          What you can do is to help pay for all the servers, bandwidth, etc.
                          But I am still confused. You are a supporting member, and an Irr., so that small part of TG shouldn't affect you at all.

Personally, to answer the post correctly. I would like to have options to change the way TG looks. Like to pimp it out :)
                          Different color schemes.
                          I use something called Stylize I think to change the look of a lot of sites, and even had it so google homepage was blue for a while. Wonder if we could do something like that.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
                            You know, I think when we made the sig restrictions, we had a few people that were still on dialup. I wonder if we have even a single person on dialup now? I know we have a few people deployed overseas on less than steller connections, but I think if TG had a "Lite" version for them and for mobile browsers, that upping the file size for sigs is feasible.
                            Yes! An iPhone friendly forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                              Personally, to answer the post correctly. I would like to have options to change the way TG looks. Like to pimp it out :)
                              Different color schemes.
                              I use something called Stylize I think to change the look of a lot of sites, and even had it so google homepage was blue for a while. Wonder if we could do something like that.
                              But TG gives me 300% of my daily serving of grey! :row1_18:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X