Tesla's 4-door, all-electric Model S sports sedan gets pictured

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesla's 4-door, all-electric Model S sports sedan gets pictured

Good news and bad news in this one folks.
    Tesla's 4-door, all-electric Model S sports sedan gets pictured

I've been waiting to finally see the followup to the Tesla roadster, mainly because it is a more realistic daily driver and more affordable. And I have to say I like the look. It's a lot cooler than the Prius. But they have said it won't go into production till 2011 :row__637:.

I don't understand. They have a long list of people waiting for their car, yet last week they laid off 150 people. And they change CEOs like every other week. They need to get their act together and get this car out!!! :icon_mad:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Tesla's 4-door, all-electric Model S sports sedan gets pictured

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
    I don't understand. They have a long list of people waiting for their car, yet last week they laid off 150 people. And they change CEOs like every other week. They need to get their act together and get this car out!!! :icon_mad:
    This isn't exactly the best time to be looking for credit for your cutting edge automotive business when all the other auto companies are nosediving...
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

But it would seem that if you have a product that has got a huge waiting list and you can't make them fast enough, with orders stacking up, cutting the help wouldn't be the way to go.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I agree with you Bamboo, this company better watch out or they will be bumming money from the government or just going belly up.

Comment

Tesla is just down the road here and they just signed a deal with Arnie to build a new manufacturing plant in San Jose.

So they are working on it! :)
          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
            But it would seem that if you have a product that has got a huge waiting list and you can't make them fast enough, with orders stacking up, cutting the help wouldn't be the way to go.
            You'd think they would alter their business model to keep from having to cut employees...
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Kinda looks like the Nissan Z but with more of a porshe hood.
              "A Veteran is someone who , at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to
              'The United states of America' for an amount of 'upto and including my life'. That is honor, and there are way to many people in this country who no longer understand it."-Author Unknown

"I got kicked out of barnes and noble once for moving all the bibles into the fiction section" -Any.

Comment

My take on Tesla's inability to ship this car out into the market:

1) It's $60,000
                2) The USD isn't top dog in today's financial world.
                3) Corporate owners and car companies have gotten wealthier and greedier, hence the need to "cut (more) costs".

Since I'm lazy, was the car company named after (or in the spirit of) Nikola Tesla?
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

The price is not really a problem for a lot of people, and demand is huge for their $100k+ 2 seater. Everyone has been saying how much they would want a 4 door family car so sales should be even better.

And the US dollar surged a good bit last week, so things are looking up :D

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

How long is this list? Is it long enough to justify the huge output of cash that would be needed to produce this lovely thing of beauty.... drool.....
                    "Sympathy means a lot, coming from Kulmar. I didn't think it was possible.
                    Good luck getting rid of your disease. If you're infected, though, stay away--I can't afford to be a zombie right now.
                    " Ednos

sigpic

Comment

Probably not.

I wonder of that list, who actually has the means to purchase one?

Just because you want something (nice and shiny) doesn't mean one can afford it.
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Acreo I always thought the company was named after Nikola Tesla. I had done a lot of reading up on Tesla and his inventions after seeing a biography type show on him. The man was brilliant and a bit eccentric. If it was not for him who knows how the automobile industry would be today. He pioneered a lot of the electrical designs for cars such as the lighting systems, of course there were plenty more as well.

After looking I found this as well. http://www.teslamotors.com/learn_more/why_tesla.php

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X