FarCry2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FarCry2

We need a FarCry2 forum. The game is out and I would think there are people who would like to talk about the game.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Re: FarCry2

I mostly want to complain about the game, but sure.

EDIT: I want to complain about the game because it has a lot of potential marred by a few serious flaws that could be cleaned up by a good mod.

Comment

Hahahaha, yeah I want to complain about the game too.

I don't think talk about the game will last very long. It's mostly SP and MP isn't really special. Maybe once mods are out, there will be more interesting talk.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

I like the MP pretty well, specifically the Zone control game. I like having a captain who needs to be present for the area to be captured, I think it has the potential to reinforce teamwork. The downside is that most people wouldn't no team work if it outflanked them and gunned them down in a cross fire. Lack of in game voice chat and a UI that is designed for consoles hamper things further.

That said, with some good mod tools it would take very little effort to make this into a truly great game. It seems a lot like Oblivion. Oblivion was okay when it came out, but with a lot of hard work the modding community turned it into a really amazing game.

Comment

Originally posted by =Sarc= View Post
          Hahahaha, yeah I want to complain about the game too.

I don't think talk about the game will last very long. It's mostly SP and MP isn't really special. Maybe once mods are out, there will be more interesting talk.
          You are probably right but it is fun to talk about as you play the game. I play the single player mode and will not move into mp mode.
          The Old Guy
          kin3
          sigpic

Comment

I haven't tried the MP yet, I'm like you Kin I want to finish up the SP first. I have heard that the server selection process is poor etc.

I'm interested to see how it plays and the quality of maps we can make for it. If a tactical MP experince can be made or played then I would like to see a forum for it. If however it is criticaly flawed and no amount of maps or rules can fix it then so long FC2 MP.

Comment

I picked it up yesterday and will install it this week.

Would really like to see what the hype is about.

I hope it doesnt turn out to be like Frontlines. Sorry Whiskey! ;):D

Comment

I bought it and have played it a lil bit
                i haven't tryed mp just doing the single player
                its alot like Stalker, a big world you can roam around in and do missions when you feel like it.

Comment

I too agree that we need a FC2 forum. There are several discussion threads strewn about in various sections and it would be nice to have a place to pull all of this stuff together and discuss things like maps we're working on, tactics, or missions and whatnot.

Comment

I dont think we need a forum just for FC2

the multi player is weak and the SP is graphically great and has ok game
                    the threads around are
                    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/xbox-xb...r-cry-2-a.html
                    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/xbox-xb...tive-site.html
                    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/first-p...-2-anyone.html
                    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/first-p...-pc-360-q.html
                    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/first-p...ughts-plz.html
                    Last edited by Exploding_Silver; 10-27-2008, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Putting it all in a single thread would be enough. The game is similar enough on all platforms.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Truth. That said, has anyone run into any mods for FC2? I've been poking around the net, but it doesn't look like it's getting a mod community together. And for that I unfairly blame console gamers.

Comment

any mod already released wouldn't be worth the download... it takes time for good mods, hell Crysis still hasn't any good mods yet. lol
                          Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

As short as the main story arc really is, I found the linear, repetitive missions quite pathetic.
                            1. Go to town and take the mission from whoever is highlighted on your map.
                            2. Leave town, answer phone call from your buddy asking you to meet.
                            3. Meet buddy, take optional objective.
                            4. Complete buddy's objective.
                            5. Complete mission.

Over and over and over... Very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Aranykai View Post
                              As short as the main story arc really is, I found the linear, repetitive missions quite pathetic.
                              1. Go to town and take the mission from whoever is highlighted on your map.
                              2. Leave town, answer phone call from your buddy asking you to meet.
                              3. Meet buddy, take optional objective.
                              4. Complete buddy's objective.
                              5. Complete mission.

Over and over and over... Very disappointing.
                              You think the game is repetitive because it gives you an objective and you have to do it?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X