Website Slowdown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Slowdown?

For the past few days the TG website has been very sluggish for me. It takes forever for any part of the website to load up and im wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I know its not my internet because other sites no not suffer the same slowdown. I am behind a university firewall but, like i said, this only started a few days ago and hasnt effected any other part of the internet. I hope this is just because the TG website is growing in popularity and the shear number of people visiting is slowing the server down.

Re: Website Slowdown?

Works lightening fast for me.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

It seems to be working fine for me also.

Comment

Still super fast here.
        But you might want to run CCleaner real quick and see if it helps:
        http://www.ccleaner.com/

We talk about how much we all love it in the TG tech forum all the time. Last night one of the other 10th guys was having a slow internet, and it fixed him after finding like 5-6 gigs of crap.

Look through the options on the right of the program, under both tags. Don't clean anything you don't understand that isn't on by default. Also might want to uncheck the "delete saved passwords" box too for what ever browsers you use.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Well i ran the cleaner and while there was a fair amount of crap, the problem persists. It seems to have something to do with the university firewall that im behind so i guess ill have to suffer :(

Comment

I've seen slowdowns, but they're related to the site taking a crap. It only seemed to persist for an hour or less randomly.

When I see it again I'll make a note of the times, but it's been about the third time in two weeks I've seen it. Other sites load fine, the TG site takes AGES, though not long enough to time-out.

Comment

Yesterday, the forum server was too busy to process my request. Hasn't done that to me in quite awhile.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Have to admit, i have noticed some considerable slow down in the last week or so too.

Comment

try using traceroute to see if someone is dropping packets.
                  Retired 6th DB

Comment

Did that on several occasions. No dropped packets, but the forum still gave me a "server is busy" message.

Like Uranium, I just came back after a few hours to post. :)
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I have been taking notice that FF seems to be running slower than normal for me, especially on TG site. If I use IE7 the site is fast as heck though. Not sure but I am thinking I may have to do some tweaking around or something with FF or see if I have any extra crap(plug-ins) running. I will also check to see other ideas at the FF site.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X