Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The post months in the making

I'm back! (Sort of.)

My last thread was eight months ago, and today begins an all-too-late effort to get back onto my TG feet.

I'll put the boring details of my absence at the bottom of the post for those who care. For the easily distracted or the uninterested: I'm horribly, horribly sorry that I disappeared without a peep for so, so long. You all -- particularly the Natural Selection community -- deserved far better than that, and for that, I apologize.

[TLDRs can stop now, no hard feelings. :)]

Last year, toward the end of November, I was told that Verizon would no longer require my services. The sucked a lot, but I was able to find new employment very quickly, and was at a new job on January 2nd. This coincided with my death flu in the previously linked post.

I didn't feel lucky in losing my old job, but I was truly blessed with the new one. It's a role I love at a pace I enjoy. It's also been ten solid months of learning, with yet more to come, certainly; the speed of the business is such that I'm checking work email on nights and weekends because I (a)want to and (b) am able to, since others are constantly moving.

Many times over the past months I've thought about starting a thread like this, and every time I've wimped out, thinking that ... man, I don't even know what I was thinking. I was afraid, because I failed at being the type of leader I tried to be for so long. It was self-pity that kept me away, and finally -- FINALLY -- I've zipped up the man suit to write this, and to make an effort to return.

I can't and won't make any promises. I THINK I'm (once again) at a point in life where TG can be a part of it, but I don't know yet. I reluctant to give for fear of it not being enough, but I'll be working through that.

I never dropped SM because TG is something worthwhile, something I believe in, even if I'm not a practicing member all of the time. So here I am... again.

Again, my deepest apologies to all, especially TGNS and my fellow officers and admins. But, with that said... game on.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Re: The post months in the making

Wait...pokerwho? :D
    Glad to see you're alive and well buddy. If nothing else, keep dropping by the forums and giving us the gift of gab. Once you get to the point where gaming can be something you're able to do without being so rudely interrupted by the outside world, just know that we've kept your seat warm.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface View Post
      I never dropped SM because TG is something worthwhile, something I believe in, even if I'm not a practicing member all of the time.
      Here, here.

Apology accepted.

And, yes, I speak for everyone.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

welcome back poker. I know how you feel but remember this is just a community gathering and you are here on your own free will as you have the time and desire to be. Thanks for volunteering so much all these years and maybe we can squeeze a little more yet! :p

- -

Comment

Glad to see you back, Pokerface! Real life always takes priority over TG, we all know that.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
            Glad to see you back, Pokerface! Real life always takes priority over TG, we all know that.
            That doesn't mean I can't still feel crappy about my absence. Hell, I list this place on my resume. :P
            [volun2]
            NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
            Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
            <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
            <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Yay! You're back? Get to work!
              ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
              No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                you are here on your own free
                i didnt know that, i thought if i left for a day, my spot would be filled when i came back =P

welcome back pokerface!!!