Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some reference help in regards to a paper that i have to complete by this evenin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some reference help in regards to a paper that i have to complete by this evenin

I am taking a humanities course in adult education that I unfortunately waited the last minute to start, and I would like any help in regards to references that can be found on the internet as solid sources.

The paper is in regards to the following:

Hispanic American Diversity:

Write a 1,050 - 1400 word research paper identifying the linguistic, political, social, economic, religious and familial conventions and/or statuses of four Hispanic groups living in the United States.

Mexican Americans, Puerto Ricans, Cubans, South Americans (the last one is pretty vague but its all I have to work with)

I am using a Book Titled: Racial and Ethnic Groups, but if anyone could direct me to some Internet resources that would be very much appreciated.

Dedicate: an equal portion of your paper to each Hispanic Group.

Conclude: your essay by summarizing major differencies and commanalities apparent among the groups.

I realize that taking a Ethics type class outside of working full time was a bit much, but, I am hoping that if you know of any valid internet resources please post, or PM me.

Thank you very much, I am currently trying to work on this at work while doing some testing of a portal for the company I work for, hectic, but as usual I leave papers to the last minute.
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: Need some reference help in regards to a paper that i have to complete by this ev

I would have gone with Guatemalan instead of South American; if only to help with the "commonalities" -- all are solidly poor minorities in America (with a few exceptions).

Other than that a 1500 word essay isn't that bad, but you've really shot yourself in the foot in making yourself to all the research in a few hours. Google is your friend in this case. Although I'm not sure whats required of a web page before you can use it as a source.

Good luck!
    ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
    No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Re: Need some reference help in regards to a paper that i have to complete by this ev

Originally posted by Rincewind View Post
      I would have gone with Guatemalan instead of South American; if only to help with the "commonalities" -- all are solidly poor minorities in America (with a few exceptions).

Other than that a 1500 word essay isn't that bad, but you've really shot yourself in the foot in making yourself to all the research in a few hours. Google is your friend in this case. Although I'm not sure whats required of a web page before you can use it as a source.

Good luck!
      If i could have picked i would have but theese are the cards i am dealt with. I can't argue about using one or the other especially since it is due tonight at midnight, since i have the chance to email it to the professor.

Thank you though, yea i have been googling it, and am proficcient enough in using footnotes (they are your friend and help draw the line between you and those who think they can get ahead just by plagiarizing and using copy and paste).

The Text I have is also helpful, and its my own mistake for not using the Library to my fullest, but thats what i get for taking a course and working a full 9-5 job m-f. Wikipedia is interesting, but i have also found encylopedia.com and britannica to be helpful, but i was curious if anyone had any other Sociology websites that might be helpful.

Thank you though rince for posting, very much appreciated.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

You didnt mention if this was MLA format or APA. Also good place to look would be at the local college or the library.. Ebsco Host or Pro Quest are great search engines for educated proffesional journal articles or other sources. However they require logins. Good Luck im currently writing my Reasearch paper as well.

-

Comment

i forgot to mention that it was APA, its all good, i got it done, the moderator can lock this up or delete it, if they want.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...