Congratulations America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations America

To all Americans, never before have I been so proud and happy to be your neighbor from the North, to witness history in the making, to see Martin Luther King's Dream become a reality in my lifetime and to have my children grow up in the world knowing that it is who we are and what we do that truly defines us. Bless you all!

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." - Martin Luther King
    Imaging a real super kewl 21st signature here

Situational Awareness Deficiency Syndrome
    It is a serious disease.
    Please Q-Spot! generously

Yah, I got me medals somewhere around here

Re: Congratulations America

You do realize this election does effect your country as well right? hope you got plenty of hot cocoa, because you can expect a nice influx of "vacationers"
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

i agree with trooper
      "If you want to taste the ground, feel free to attack." - Kenshin Himura

Comment

make sure the bus stops by my place.
        FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

Yes but fellas....the republicans shot themselves in the ass in two ways:
          1: They elected Bush, the biggest arse of all time!
          2: Pallin...the worst VP selection since LBJ!!!!!!!

Globally the US will improve it's position enormously, however at home, I forsee a bumpy road!

BD1
          BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

Sooo, let me get this straight. You guys (who I assume voted for McCain) are thinking of moving to Canada because McCain (and the Republican Party in general) was dealt a severe kick in the ass? Is that right?

To Canada?

Really?

I mean, really?

EDIT: I agree with Ferris (below), this is indeed a historic event, and it will affect more than just America. This has shown the world how truly schizophrenic America can be. Be afraid :D I jest, I jest.
            Last edited by Rincewind; 11-05-2008, 01:10 AM.
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Chrome, I would like to thank you for making this thread. Yes, this is a historic election. We have an african american president. We have witnessed history in the making ladies and gentlemen, and that was the point of his post.

Those of you who tried to turn that sentiment into some kind of political post rage because McCain lost need to step back and re-read what he said. Yes Trooper, it will effect his country, but not for the shallow reason you tried to convey. It's history. It effects everyone.

As an american citizen, I'm proud to have witnessed this moment, regardless of my party affiliation. I hope to be alive when we have a woman elected president. I hope to be alive for many more historical moments. It's not about party lines in this thread guys. Its about witnessing something nobody has ever seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by Trooper View Post
                hope you got plenty of hot cocoa, because you can expect a nice influx of "vacationers"
                Huh? Are you implying you're moving to Canada to have universal health coverage? Or because you are a fan of the metric system? Is it the higher life expectancy in Canada? You want to learn French? Canada has happier citizens? Medications are cheaper?

Based on your fear of Obama, I don't think Canada is your ideal "refuge", Trooper...

Comment

Interesting that the McCain (Country First) supporters are ready to ditch their country in a time when it needs them most. We need to all come together and push for a better America and not be bitter about the election. For the record I did favor McCain in all of the key issues aside from college (Obama's plan to make college more affordable is great), but it's time to move on. Together.

Do not let this country become divided.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill Jay View Post
                    Interesting that the McCain (Country First) supporters are ready to ditch their country in a time when it needs them most. We need to all come together and push for a better America and not be bitter about the election. For the record I did favor McCain in all of the key issues aside from college (Obama's plan to make college more affordable is great), but it's time to move on. Together.

Do not let this country become divided.
                    Yes. A hundred times yes.
                    [volun2]
                    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
                    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
                    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
                    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Again, this thread is not for political discussion. This is about witnessing history. If you want to discuss the politics of the election, you'll find the sandbox two forums below this one. There are plenty of threads there to fill with political dribble. Lets stay focused here.

Comment

LOL my observations are as a Brit in a former colony!! ;)

I couldnt vote and have to say it would have been a hard choice. Without doubt the USA is the most hated it has ever been in the world right now. All because of "W" and his team. A shameful lack of respect for the rest of the world.

Change needed to happen, just not sure it had to be Obama.

However, he will without doubt, improve the world's perception of this country and guess what.....THAT DOES MATTER! Seeing as we all live on this planet together.

However........

The Clinton regime WAS NOT... the greatest economic model and seeing as the new regime has said it will base much of it's economic policy on the Clinton regime ideas, then...I have a few concerns.

Unfortunatey I got butt [email protected]$ last year on taxes as one of the highest tax brackets, I shudder to think how much bigger my wallet is going to raped in the next four years....

So....as with the UK... there is no perfect choice (real shame why we cannot have such a person) so I would wager that a little change right now is probably good!

Let's face it, the entire economic system just collapsed through money grabbing greedy , financial weasels that have raped this country for bonus checks for the last 8 years!

We'll see what happens now!
                        BlackDog1

"What we do in life... echoes in eternity!"

Comment

It was indeed a historic event, and I commend Senator McCain on his fantastic concession speech.

Both candidates would have meant change. Hopefully they'll hold true to their words, Obama as President, and McCain as Senator.

I am happy to live in, and continue to live in, a country where, in the broad perspective, we had no choice but a radical change in the normal Presidential team.
                          RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

i live a few hours from canada, and i am seriously considering putting some applications in up there. or australia, or mars, but that flight isnt leaving for a while

*note, sarcasm