the northeastern blizzard of 05

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the northeastern blizzard of 05

Bummer! Sunshine along with some passing clouds. High 66F. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 mph here.

I took some pictures of Houstons great blizzard of 2004 at Christmas but my digital camera ate the shots. There was still a little snow on the windshield wiper the next morning. Amazing!

Comment

-27C (or approx -17F) this morning, took me 5 tries to get the car to turn over. (VW Jetta Diesel) The leather seats were as hard as plywood. Thank god for heated seats.

Environment Canada issued a severe snow warning for tonight and tomorrow morning.
      (You know its serious if Canadian's are being warned about snow.)

P.s. If you live in Winnipeg its like this for 2 months or so from end of Dec to end of Feb)
      Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
      Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Bummer!!!! I'm playing golf this weekend. Y'all have fun with that mess, you hear?

Comment

I'd post the conditions of Minnesota, but if leejo becomes any more concieted about his home state, I fear he'll burst. So, for leejo's sake, I'll just say its interesting walking outisde. :p

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
            Bummer! Sunshine along with some passing clouds. High 66F. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 mph here.

I took some pictures of Houstons great blizzard of 2004 at Christmas but my digital camera ate the shots. There was still a little snow on the windshield wiper the next morning. Amazing!

/alt slap Leejo

Comment

We like the weather here in Minnesota. It keeps the riff raff out! :icon_razz
              Beep

Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. - (Isaac Asimov)

Comment

Originally posted by HairyNevus
                I'd post the conditions of Minnesota, but if leejo becomes any more concieted about his home state, I fear he'll burst. So, for leejo's sake, I'll just say its interesting walking outisde. :p
                Hey I went to High School in MA. I've paid my dues. Slipping on ice daily. Not seeing daylight for months. WHEE!!!

Of course in August when it's all nice up there and it's 487 degrees here and we're all dashing from one air-conditioned enclosure to the next you can laugh at me.

Comment

Pfft, in Minnesota we walk to school in 6" of snow, -12F without windchill (-30 with), uphill...BOTH WAYS! :icon_lol:

Seriously though, 7" and falling here. When I was done shoveling, I had to start all over again. Rather nice out otherwise.

Minnesota is like a sampler platter of weather; we get everything, then move away to where ever has the weather we liked best.

Comment

We are going to get clobbered, The forecast for Philadelphia calls for up to 17 inches!
                    [X-Man]

Comment

I was supposed to go flying tommorow... not now :'( I was gonna be doing stalls too. anyways, forcast for zee Toronto area is as follows:

Heavy snowfall warning in effect.
                      Tonight..A few clouds. Increasing cloudiness overnight with snow beginning. Low minus 19.
                      Saturday..Snow at times heavy ending in the evening then cloudy. Local snowsqualls in the morning and early in the afternoon. Amount 15 cm. Blowing snow. Wind northeast 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 12. Wind chill minus 27.

60km/h gusts of wind = bad for cessna
                      Inimicus Inimico

Comment

From NOAA, for Rhode Island:

THE HEIGHT OF THE STORM IS EXPECTED TO OCCUR
                        SATURDAY NIGHT INTO EARLY SUNDAY MORNING...WHEN SNOW COULD FALL AT
                        THE RATE OF 3 INCHES PER HOUR. STRONG NORTHEAST WINDS WILL PRODUCE
                        BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW WITH WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AT TIMES...
                        AND THUNDER IS ALSO POSSIBLE.

IF THE POTENTIAL FOR BLIZZARD CONDITIONS INCREASES...BLIZZARD
                        WARNINGS WILL BE ISSUED IN LATER FORECASTS.

SNOW WILL TAPER OFF SUNDAY MORNING. TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF1 TO 2 FEET ARE EXPECTED OVER A LARGE AREA.

Comment

Originally posted by =luna=
                          TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF1 TO 2 FEET ARE EXPECTED OVER A LARGE AREA.
                          So who does the shoveling at Luna's house?

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
                            So who does the shoveling at Luna's house?
                            Heh.. A snow plow will be taking care of the driveway, but I get to shovel off the stairs and walks.. :-) Lucky me!
                            Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

already 3/4 of snow here :'( still snowing, and I have to shovel 2 driveways with no snowblowers and a screwed up back that has a crack in it, hooray! :D ... god hates me :( lol
                              Inimicus Inimico

Comment

I finally decided to give up the bravado for masoquistic shovelling and do it the easy way. I went out and bought a brand spanking new snow blower, it took me a month to even find one for sale at a store around here. Sold out.

We are really getting it here in Guelph right now. I live in a small "valley" as well so we get it real bad in my neighbourhood. Less windy, but more snow accumulation.
                                Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                                Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X